MOMENTS II

A line of Robert Plant's vocals in Whole Lotta Love (Way down inside... wo-man... you need... love) only appeared as it did because of a mistake. Jimmy Page and engineer Eddie Kramer heard Plant's voice singing the lyric on one track before Plant did on the master vocal track. When Kramer tried to turn the volume all the way down on that track, Plant's voice could still be heard bleeding through to the master recording. Realising they couldn't get rid of the non-master, they had to add a load of reverb so it sounded like it was deliberate, giving us the effect we hear on the album. I mean, it sounds great, so it worked out fine.

At 1:37 and again at 1:41 in The Ocean, you can hear the sound of a phone ringing in the background. When Eddie Kramer was asked if it was a real phone, he admitted it was possible because the song was recorded in a house, but said he didn't hear it when they were recording.

Jimmy Page himself had trouble learning the solo from Stairway To Heaven. When John Paul Jones noticed he kept messing it up in the studio, he said "You're making me paranoid!" "You're making me paranoid!" Page retorted. The two then laughed, and the solo was perfected a few takes later.

*

Alright so I got tagged by Wolfgirl0204

Pick a band and, using only their song titles, answer the following questions. As this is a book of Led Zeppelin, I choose them:

1. Are you male or female?
Black Country Woman (nearly literally true, actually, I don't live far from there)

2. Describe yourself?
What Is And What Should Never Be

3. How do you feel?
Good Times Bad Times

4. Where do you live?
Black Mountain Side

5. Your sex life?
Dazed And Confused... could've maybe said I Can't Quit You Baby too, unfortunately. Heartbreaker would've been perfect a month or so ago haha.

Comment and answer the questions too, it's always interesting hearing about other people.

*

Picture: Relaxing on their private jet (as you do) The Starship