RANDOM SONGS JIMMY PAGE PLAYED ON BEFORE LED ZEPPELIN

As the title explains, here are some random songs Jimmy Page played on as a session player before he formed Led Zeppelin. If anyone knows all these songs I'll be amazed, some of them are pretty obscure...

(a demo of) Heart of Stone by the Rolling Stones
- 1964
- he plays the slip-and-slide guitar and a dagger blues solo
- the Stones only released it on a compilation in 1975.

Downtown by Petula Clark
- 1964
- a pop song that reached the No. 1 spot on Billboard Hot 100.
- Page is mostly behind the soaring orchestration and pulsing keys, but you can clearly hear his jazzy flicks in the middle verses.

Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey
- 1964
- the theme song to a James Bond film - Page plays the subtle acoustic guitar

I Can't Explain by The Who
- 1965
- Page played rhythm guitar behind Pete Townshend's riff.
... and Bald Headed Woman
- Page plays the distinct blues riff

Beck's Bolero by Jeff Beck
- 1967
- Jeff Beck had just left the Yardbirds and wanted to put together a band for his first solo single. Page, as Beck's childhood friend, helped assemble the band which had an impressive lineup of John Paul Jones playing bass and Keith Moon on drums.
- Page played the 12-string guitar

Season of the Witch and Sunshine Superman by Donovan
- 1966
- Page played on five tracks of Donovan's third album however his work on Season of the Witch and the Sunshine Superman bring the eerie psychedelia to the album.

Here Comes the Night by Them (Them were fronted by Van Morrison)
- 1964
- Page plays rhythm guitar behind the main riff.

With a Little Help From My Friends by Joe Cocker
- 1968
- Page plays the recognisable wailing opening notes, exploding over an organ intro with the song's signature guitar howling.
- The song got to No. 1 in the US

*

Picture: Jimmy Page in 1973