FAVOURITE LYRICS II

This is another favourite lyric chapter. Comment if you like these lyrics, and see if you can guess which song they're from.

"And the wind is crying, from a love that won't grow cold,"

"Lips like cherries, and the brow of a queen,"

"As I turn to you, you smiled at me, How could we say no?"

[basically everything in Stairway to Heaven, to me the lyrics are good enough to win a Nobel prize]

"Mean old levee, taught me to weep and moan,"

"Still by the firelight and purple moonlight, I hear the rested rivers call,"

"If one bell should ring, in celebration for a king, So fast the heart should beat, As proud the head with heavy feet,"

"Wine and roses ain't quite over, fate dealt the losing hand,"

"Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace,"

"'Cause I love you baby, how I love you darling, mama loves you girl, yeah girl,"

"Come on, baby, just rock, rock, rock,"

"Trying to find, trying to find where I've been,"

"Oh to ride the wind, to tread the air above the din, Oh to laugh aloud, dancing as we fought the crowd,"

"And our time is flying, see the candle burning low,"

*

If you want to see the lyrics to these songs in full then a good book I'd recommend is Led Zeppelin: Collection Of Song Lyrics by jadelucia , it's got loads of their songs in it, and is updated regularly with more and more.

*

Picture: Jimmy Page with a groupie, looking pissed off