[Revised/Edited] Episode 9: Sixth Dragon Emperor

-"The two halves reunite"

**Lei**

I mixed the items into my personal cauldron. The water inside it bubbled thanks to the energy being radiated by the stones. Next, I poured in the various herbs that we'd gathered, causing the water to turn the same light green color as the cauldron.

"Woah," Akito said as he stared directly into the liquid.

"Move away," I advised him. Akito stepped back as the boiling liquid started to reach the surface.

Taking in a deep breath, I surrounded the inside of the cauldron with my prana and compressed the liquid from all sides. A pang of pain flashed through my head as the bubbling didn't die down.

"Akito, the scale."

The kid nodded and took out the grayish green scale from the basket in his hands.

I levitated the scale over to the liquid while simultaneously compressing said liquid. Once the scale touched it, the bubbles grew in size and amount.

The pang of pain intensified.

'You can do this, just a little longer and the pill will be complete,' I told myself.

I surrounded the liquid with two hands made out of prana. The hands pushed the scale entirely into the prana bubble and covered the entire bubble as the liquid turned into steam.

Blood from my mouth splattered the floor.

"Lei. You're using too much prana," Adela yelled as she too struggled with her own pill.

Why was making this pill harder than the others of its kind? Did Lady Koukyuu have Korgermu gather ingredients that were different from the ones we used before? Or perhaps it was because these ingredients were grown in their native world.

"Lei," Akito said in a sad voice. He closed his eyes and held his hands toward the sphere of gas. Green energy flowed out of his body and into the sphere.

Could chi even do that? Wait, Adela said something about how chi and prana were very similar. Damn, why couldn't I remember?

Ryuusei stepped forward and began doing the same for Iah, who was also struggling with his pill.

"Ryuusei?" Iah said.

Ryuusei gave the pill a determined look. "We can't fail. I said that I would help you make a better pill than Ryomi's group could."

Iah smiled. "Thanks, kid."

Ryomi was using her prana as well to help Nyima, allowing her to contain it the best out of all of us. Mr. Suzuran said that water was great for potion making, apparently, it was also great for pills.

"I can't hold it," Akito said, coughing out blood.

"It's fine," I yelled as the sound of steaming gasses filled the room. "It's best that you run." I closed one eye. "It's dangerous here."

"What is going on?" Lady Koukyuu asked as she looked at all ten of us. She glanced over at Korgemu. "Did you do something to the ingredients?"

He shook his head. "No. But the issue is with the ingredients. They appear to have used scales of dragons of legend."

Dragons of legend? Did he mean those of deities?

"Focus!" Akito barked as he continued to give me his energy.

My eyes widened. I dared not look at him. Instead, I closed my eyes and continued compressing the sphere.

"There's that weird prana again," Lady Koukyuu said.