Episode 79: Union Attack!

*Lei*

"Think this will work?" Yen asked as we patiently waited for Sarah's team to arrive.

"Right now we can only rely on our magic," I said. "Sirius tried predicting where the enemy will appear, now let's hope it's true."

My siblings and Hota were the only ones accompanying me. Everyone else I had spread throughout the forest.

"Hmm, where is the rest of your team?" An asked as he made his way toward us. He was accompanied by all the members of his group.

"We don't need them," Hota said, stepping forward.

"Hota," the masked member of An's group said. She laughed. "Long time no see!"

"Tsk. Don't go acting all friendly with them!" said a white armor-clad young man. "Our task is to eliminate them." He brandished his sword and charged at me.

I smiled and blocked his swords with both my butterfly knives.

"Is that all you got?" I asked, grinning.

"You're underestimating me, wimp?" he asked, glaring at me.

I let out an electrical pulse from my blades, sending him flying back.

"Don't call me that!" I yelled, charging at him.

"Lei, keep formation!" Yen yelled as she deflected one of Ning's energy bullets. The third girl of An's team charged at her while Hota and Yanyu rose to the sky. She let out a grunt as she was pushed back.

"Nice, Guang, Ning! Keep the pressure on them!" my opponent said as he rose to his feet. He smiled at me. "In the meantime, I'll take down this guy!"

I clenched my butterfly swords tightly. First Ayawamat, then Eien, then Shiori, and now this guys... why did people keep on looking down on me?

"Energy Surge!" I yelled, sending sparks of azure and yellow electricity down to my legs. I then covered my butterfly knives in the pink aura from the pink glass-like film on one of the holes.

"Xing, be careful!" An said as he dodged my brother's sword.

"Careful? This kid hasn't shown anything impressive," Xing said, shrugging.

"Oh?" I said as I held my knives against his neck.

"How did you appear behind me?" Ning asked, eyes wide.

I smiled as I slashed his neck slightly. "Ventus Perseco." Next, I charged at An who managed to block my attack with his sword.

"Kun, now!" I yelled.

Kun smiled as he performed the same spell on An.

An screamed as he began to feel his blood start to boil.

"T-that's, how does that kid know... an attack designed for killing?" Xing asked.

I glanced back at him. "It's because I've killed people before, to save a friend."

An backed away from us but soon he fell to the ground.

"H-how did Iah withstand this?" An asked, his hands trembling. He raised his sword and slammed it against the ground, causing chains to appear around him.

"An, don't!" Ning yelled as she turned away from my sister.

"Ning, pay attention!" Guang yelled as she blocked Yen's attempt to slash her down with the same spell Kun and I had used on our opponents.