Episode 53: Aquatic Battle

- The ocean is like space, vast and profound, hiding mysteries in its dark depths.

-	The ocean is like space, vast and profound, hiding mysteries in its dark depths

"Do your best, Ny!" Lei yelled as he put his hands behind his head. He flashed me his signature grin.

My face felt warm and it wasn't because of the lingering heat of Zelde and Eien's battle.

"Ny?" asked.

"Yeah, don't like the nickname?"

I turned away and took a deep breath. "No, it's fine." I made my way toward the stairs and began my descent to the arena.

Ny... I once knew a boy who used to call me that. I wish that I could remember his name. But ever since a certain accident, I hadn't been able to remember it. Wasn't even sure if he actually existed...

"Hmm?" I looked up and saw Zelde's golden bird fade into the air after putting down its caster.

"Zelde!" Wanikiya yelled, running past me. He picked her up into his arms. "Zelde, are you okay?"

She opened one eye. "I won us our first win. Now please get two more victories."

"We will," I said as I stepped onto the battlefield which was slowly repairing itself. I stared at the white haired man making his way down to us. "I'll be the one representing us for our second match."

The white haired man grinned, revealing shark like teeth at each end of his mouth.

I backed away. "You're one of those who can turn into a shark aren't you?"

The man laughed. "Correct." He stared at Wanikiya who ran past him.

Boukayou came down and grabbed Eien. "It's up to you, Same. You got to turn the tables in our favor."

"Don't worry lord Boukayou. I won't toy around with my opponent like lord Eien did," Same said, nodding.

By the time Boukayou left the arena was done fixing itself.

"Two water users?" the announcer said as a barrier formed around us. He snapped his figures and water filled up half of the space within the spherical barrier. Same and I though were left standing on a couple of large lily pads. "Now begin!"

"Abysso Maris," Same chanted as he clapped his hands together.

The water below the lily pad waved wildly. The water pulled away from me rapidly. I tried to hold steady. "Aqua Draco!" I chanted. A water dragon slashed through my lily pad, sending me straight into a wall of water.

What had happened? Why had I been attacked by own spell?

I tried to swim back over to one of the other pads but found the water pulling at my feet.

Same chuckled and dove after me. His teeth were now fully like those of a shark. His legs and back had shark fins coming out of them. His eyes were hungry with the desire for victory. "You're Nyima right?"