Episode 84: Friends or not?

*Ayawamat*

I sighed as I had my floating web come back down. The others had already gone ahead to camp except for Aban, Sowk, and me.

"Seems that you're going to have to carry him," Sowk said, giggling as she stared at the slumbering Lei. Kun and Yen were apparently too tired to be able to retrieve their little brother.

I picked up the honey-brown haired brat from the web. "Come on you wimp, let's take you back to camp," I said.

Sowk blinked. "You're actually carrying him? I thought that you would ask Aban here to carry him."

I nodded. "Yeah, but the kid's our problem."

"Not that I would mind helping out, we are allies," Aban said, grinning.

"Thanks, but I'll just carry him and charge him a fee later."

Aban blinked. "A... fee?"

I chuckled. "Yup!" I slipped my right hand into the pocket of my jeans. "Oh right, I almost forgot, I found this while searching Hal and Dan. It's a red jewel. You need one, right?"

Aban smiled and took it. "Thanks, guys! To be honest, I wasn't sure whether we should trust you or not, but thus far you've come through!"

"Well, I do repay my debts," I said, glancing down at the sleeping Lei. He looked rather peaceful. Nothing like the bouncy, annoying, pesky kid he was when awake.

"Hey, are you going to kiss him?" Sowk asked, giggling.

I rolled my eyes. "No."

"Then why do you keep staring at his face like that? Hmm?" she asked, leaning in.

I grumbled. "I was admiring his restive face. That's all. I don't see it often."

Sowk's smile grew wider. "So there's something you admire about the guy you call a 'nuisance'. Interesting..."

I chuckled. "Well, there's stuff about you I admire too."

Her smile faded as her face reddened. "T-there is?"

"Yeah, though just like Lei I find you to be a nuisance too."

She narrowed her indigo-purple eyes at me. "So, what do you admire about this 'nuisance'?"

I smiled. "Not telling," I said, walking on ahead.

"Hey! You can't tell me there's something and not tell me what that something is! Hey, Aya! Come back here or I'm going to beat you up!"

I laughed. "I'll love to see you try!"

She formed spheres of darkness and launched them at me. I ducked with ease.

I stuck my tongue out at her. "Nice try, but work on your aim!"

She smiled back and sent more spheres of darkness at me.

Aban just laughed as he followed behind her.

"W-what's so funny?" Sowk asked, turning her eyes toward him.

"It's just... you remind me of me and my friends," he said. "Though I guess it is to be expected. You two are friends, right?"

"No!" the two of us exclaimed at the same time.

Aban smiled. "I... rreeeaaalllyyy doubt that you aren't."

"Want to be my next target?" Sowk asked, glaring at him.

"Hey, I was just giving my two cents, no need to get angry," Aban said, backing away.

I chuckled, which was a bad idea as Sowk quickly redirected her eyes toward me.