Episode 76: Battling Friends

*An*

"This bird sure is tasty!" Guang said as I returned to camp.

Xing shrugged. "It's okay."

"An!" Ning said, looking up. She gave me a thin smile and waved at me.

"Ning!" I said, smiling. "You're back!"

She grinned. "Yup! Just returned for the day."

Xing glanced over and said, "So the weakling has finally come back. Hurry up and eat."

I walked over to one of the tents. "I already did. I'm going to go to bed."

A stick ripped through the tent. I turned around and saw Xing glaring at him.

"No you're not," the white armored mage said. "You've already slept enough today. Go and get us our last marble."

I gasped. "Wait, you actually got one?"

Xing dusted off his hands. "What's with the surprised reaction? Do you think we're as fragile as you? Though it was Ning who obtained the fourth one. Yanyu will accompany you of course. Try not to get in her way."

If he's worried about me getting in her way, why isn't he sending her alone? What role does he want me to play? Observer?

Yanyu tapped my shoulder. "Come An. Let's finish this tonight."

"Who are we going to get the marble of?" I asked.

"Uan," Ning said. "I ran into a pair of girls from that team on the way here and overheard that they have a white marble."

"Those were Xue and Moon," I muttered.

"Oh right, Xue is your teammate, isn't she?" Xing said. "Forget about your pitiful friendship and get us that jewel."

I nodded reluctantly. I hoped that Xue's team had another marble. "Where did you pass Xue?"

"She was heading to the southwest," Ning said. She didn't seem to have her marble on her as she was only wearing a towel.

Xing's face became red. "What? Is she an exhibitionist or something?" he asked. Suddenly the cans next to the tents rang.

"Please don't talk about me like that," Xue's voice rang out.

"It's time for you to pay for real," Moon said. The two girls jumped out of some trees alongside two guys.

Xing, Guang, Ning, Yanyu, and I pulled out our weapons off our backs.

"Destroy them!" Xing yelled. He clashed swords with Xue in midair. He grinned as soon as he saw her. "So we meet again."

Xue glared at him. "Oh, it's you." Xue punched him in the stomach, causing him to fall on his back. "Yuè Zhī Jiàn!" She slashed the air in a circle. A pillar of ice emerge from where she had drawn her invincible circle.

Yanyu broke the ice with her axe while Ning kept Xue's teammates back by blasting lasers from her gun at them.

"They're agile," Ning said as she tried to shoot one of them down.

I summoned my wand and closed my eyes. "(Summon)." The sky overhead rumbled as a seal appeared in the air. My golden eagle familiar descended from the sky with its wings closed.

"Again you dare summon me?" Ying said.

I glanced up and smiled. "I'll make it up you once we return home, I promise!"