Freedom

Once Ariston calmed down, he and Apollo did that transportation thing that Apollo called flashing to just outside the council room.

"Before we go in, Ariston," Apollo stopped him. "Please control your temper, the council has been talking more and more about Percy and it is all about how they will not be able to win this war with out him which I find funny since it took another war for them to come to their senses."

Ariston took a moment to calm some and mentally go to his happy place. Already bad memories were popping up, unbidden. He took a deep breath and nodded, gesturing for Apollo to open the gigantic doors.

As he did, Ariston could hear the god's bickering. The old, familiar arguing voices brought a wave of anger for a minute before he pushed it down. All these years. He did not know why he expected them to change in this way.

Yet he did.

He somehow expected them to be a little bit more mature. He mentally called himself an idiot.

Before he could stop himself, Ariston pushed past Apollo and moved to the center of the room. He conjured up a chair and sat back in his seat. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Apollo shake his head in amusement before sitting in his throne.

A bag of popcorn appeared on Ariston's and Apollo's lap and they began a game that consisted of throwing popcorn in each other's mouths. The only one who noticed was Hestia, who was not too far away from where Ariston sat.

Eventually there was a lull in the argument about something so ridiculous that Ariston didn't bother to find out what it was. "I see this hasn't changed," Ariston commented casually, tossing more popcorn in his mouth.

"Who are you?" Zeus demanded, narrowing his eyes at the cloaked figure in front of him. His face was hidden by a hood and he had his leg crossed over his knee. His hands still held the bag of popcorn which was almost gone unfortunately.

"Do you not need me?" Ariston raised an eyebrow albeit no one could see him. He stared to stand up, making the chair disappear. "Cause I can go home if you want."

"Need you?" Artemis sneered slightly. According to Apollo, she was never quite the same after Percy died and Ariston noticed it when ever he encountered her.

"I was under the impression that you needed my help," Ariston clarified. "Wasn't that it Apollo?" He turned to the sun god, holding his hands out in innocence.

Apollo nodded. "Lord Zeus, this is the help I mentioned," he told him, accepting the bag of popcorn from his friend.

"What is your name boy?" Ares asked.

"Oh, I am anything but a boy," Ariston said with disgust. " A monster if you must but never a boy. I've seen too much."

"Who are you?" Zeus shouted.

Ariston stiffened his back to stand up straight. "I am Ariston, god of the Hunt, Loyalty and Demigods," he said in a firm voice. Normally he wouldn't have pulled his titles but he felt that the Olympians needed to know that he doesn't need to bow to them. In fact, he does not even need to call them 'lord' or 'lady' either.

It took a second for Ariston to realized why everyone was looking between him and Artemis with accusing glances. "Whoa, hey, not that hunt!" He protested. "Gods," he muttered before continuing, "The hunt for males."

"There is no hunt for males," Artemis argued. "I would know."

"I beg to differ my lady," Ariston bowed from the waist in the maiden goddess' direction. "There are many things you do not know. One of them being my hunt."