Hoods Down

At Half Blood Hill, Percy saw the Hunt of Artemis having a stand off with his hunt

At Half Blood Hill, Percy saw the Hunt of Artemis having a stand off with his hunt. He was still flying, out of range of the bows, but he could see and hear the two groups just fine. Artemis was in front of Her hunters, staring at Phoenix, who stood in front of Percy's Hunters.

"Where is your master, boy?" The goddess demanded. 

Percy could tell that Phoenix had scowled. "I am not a boy my lady," Phoenix told her respectfully, "I happen to be physically the same age as Percy and I have seen things he has not. Yet. 'Cause with his luck, he'll see them before he fades."

"You can't possibly have seen more than Percy," Thalia yelled, "He has been to Tartarus for Hades' sake!"

"I said I saw things he has not," Phoenix growled, "I know I haven't gone through more than him. No one can go through more than him. Yet, even Percy has not gone through everything."

"Oh, thanks Phoenix," Percy drawled sarcastically as he landed right next to him, "Jinx it why don't you?"

Phoenix unexpectedly (or expectedly in Percy's case) punched Percy on the arm.

Suddenly Thalia and half of the other huntresses had an arrow notched and ready to shoot at Phoenix. "Do that again, I dare you," Thalia threatened.

Percy looked at Phoenix and mentally contacted him. Do it, he commanded, She needs to know I trust you.

Phoenix obeyed.

The arrows from the Huntresses suddenly flew over at Percy's Hunt. Before the arrows reached Phoenix and the others, they were intercepted by a wall of golden feathers. Percy's massive wings had appeared out of no where, protecting his team while piercing his feathers. Some fell out and golden ichor leaked out of where the arrows protruded.

"Styx, Percy, why did you tell me to do that?" Phoenix panicked when he saw the arrows heads poking through the other side of Percy's wings.

Percy grunted in amusement, falling down to one knee. "Shooter, if you would," he prompted, gesturing to his wings.

"Percy why did you do that?" Thalia shouted, starting forward.

Before she could go more than a few steps, she was stopped by Dove, Shade, Phoenix, Luminous and Shizzle coming in front of Percy, weapons drawn. "One more step, I dare you," Nico said, throwing her own words back at her. His voice was cold and emotionless, making even Artemis shiver in fear.

Shooter finished pulling the arrows from Percy's wings and he moved to return the arrows to the girls. Percy summoned some nectar and he splashed some on his wings while eating some ambrosia.

"My lord Ariston, are you alright?" Dove asked, looking over his shoulder.

"I'm fine, Dove," Percy pat his friend's shoulder as he watched Shooter carefully approach the girls, set the arrows on the ground and walk backwards to the rest of his team.