Settling Differences

What are you doing here, traitor?" Leif shouted from behind Annnabeth.

Okay, he is really starting to annoy me, Chaos mentally warned Ariston.

Ariston smirked. "I'd be careful what you say son of Demeter," he said as a flash of light filled the grounds. Everyone but the Hunt closed their eyes from the brightness. The Hunt was used to bright light from being in the sun god's palace for so long. "You just might annoy the wrong person."

"Thank you for that wonderful opening Ariston," an echo voice said. The voice sounded throughout the camp, being projected to everyone present. "Or should I say Percy Jackson?"

"He is not here yet Chaos," Ariston sighed, "and please do not do that with your voice, it gives me a headache."

"Now you know how I feel when you tap on the glass," Chaos said happily, his voice now back to normal. Ariston noticed the look on his face that said that he did not believe Ariston in the slightest.

"Yo! Chaos, what's up?" Phoenix came forward and gave the cosmic being a clap on the back.

"Nothing much, just some arrogant demigod bad mouthing my favorite hero," Chaos said cheerfully.

"So the usual huh?" Luminous asked, coming forward as well.

Chaos shook his head. "No, this one is special," he started, his voice going dangerously low. "This one will receive my deluxe package."

"What is that?" Shade asked, sounding interested. Ariston knew he really was not and he already knew what the deluxe package was. He was just doing it for the camper's sakes.

"It is where you go through the worst torture ever," Chaos said, back to the cheerful tone again. Ariston had long ago decided that he was bipolar. "To each their own. Ariston, young Mr. Hamilton's?"

Ariston grinned evilly, making the campers shiver. "It just so happens to be a ferret," he told his friend.

"A ferret?" Chaos asked, amusement making the twinkle in his eyes grow.

Ariston nodded as Dove and Shooter did their best to muffle their laughter.

"Very well then," Chaos said, rubbing his hands together in anticipation. "This is going to be easy, I've done this one on Luminus loads of times. Come here boy."

"I'm not a-"

"You do not get to say that," Ariston growled, interrupting the arrogant son of Demeter. "Have you been to Tartarus? Twice? Fought and led two wars? You have had your peace for these long years because of me."

"Twice?" Annabeth inquired. "But-"

"Yes," he growled yet again. "Why do you think you had such a long period of peace up here? I was down there, causing a distraction so I could delay the rise of Tartarus. Or at least stop it completely. Alone. Still believe I am a traitor?"

Everyone was silent at that as Ariston took a breath to calm himself.  "Chaos?" He prompted.

"Right," Chaos shook himself, getting focused. "Get over here boy."

Leif took a deep breath and stepped foreword.

Chaos placed his hand on his forehead - or more like slapped it - and suddenly, there was a white ferret standing where Leif used to be.

There was a roar of laughter coming form some one in the crowd. Looking over, Ariston saw Clarisse and the Stolls doubled over in laughter. Soon the Hunt was laughing almost as hard as them.

Leif the ferret started squeaking, as if he were trying to speak. Or yell at them to stop laughing more likely. Hazel raced forward to pick him up. She gently picked him up and hurried back to Annabeth who accepted him with tears in her eyes.