Chapter 50

~~Time skip~~

"Happy New Years Eve!" Gabriel says, bounding into the room.

"You don't celebrate New Years Eve," Castiel tells him. "I mean, not verbally. You celebrate that night and you say it on New Years."

"Whatever," Gabriel replies dismissively. "Anyway, I was thinking, we should totally have a party tonight! You know, invite the Winchesters and our school friends and stuff. It'll be awesome!"

Castiel shrugs. "I'm game. Ask Dad."

"I already did," Gabriel replies. "He said sure. I just wanted to give you the illusion that your opinion mattered."

"Great, thanks Gabriel," Castiel says sarcastically.

"Gabriel, are you just doing this because...?" Lucifer asks, and Gabriel nods before Lucifer can finish his question. "Nice."

"What?" Castiel asks.

"Nothing," Gabriel replies dismissively. "Anyway, let's go buy food and stuff!"

After a couple hours, the majority of the family is waiting in the living room, munching on Doritos and Lays potato chips. Other than Chuck, who's probably in his office that they're all forbidden from entering, they're all hanging out together. It's not because they value each other's company, but because they like chips.

The first people to show up are the Winchesters. They don't bother knocking, and instead just find the living room on their own. Dean sits next to Castiel on the couch, Sam gives Gabriel a hug and kiss, and Adam sits on the floor next to Samandriel.

"Happy New Years Eve, guys!" Gabriel says with a grin.

"No one says that," Sam tells him. "Like, ever."

"That's what I said!" Castiel announces.

"No one cares what you said," Gabriel replies. "I say it. The end."

"That makes one person in the world," Lucifer jokes. "Seriously, you never say 'happy something Eve.' You just don't. Now, on Christmas Eve, you can say 'merry Christmas,' but you don't say Eve."

"We don't need a lesson in holiday greetings," Michael tells him.

"Well, clearly Gabriel does," Lucifer replies.

"You do it your way, I'll do it mine," Gabriel responds.

"It's almost time to go back to school," Dean says sadly, directing his comment towards Castiel because he's bored of the holiday etiquette class.

"Couple more days," Castiel replies. "Can it just be vacation forever?"

"I wish," Dean says. "I like hanging out with you."

"Right back at you," Castiel replies.
They've been doing it just about every day since Christmas ended, and Castiel loves every second of it.

"Ooh, I see chips!" Dean says excitedly before grabbing a handful of Doritos and reclining on the couch. "This is the life, man."

"Yeah," Castiel agrees.

"'Sup, bitches?"

Everyone looks over to see Charlie bouncing into the room. She gets a greeting from everyone in the room before she plops down on the floor.

"So, what're we doing?" she asks.

"Nothin'," Lucifer replies.

"Nothing? Nothing at all?"

"Not really," Anna replies. "Sabriel is being all chick-flicky, but the rest of us are just sitting around doing nothing."

"That's boring," Charlie says. "Well, yay on Sabriel, but the rest is boring."