Chapter 94

*Spongebob narrator voice*
Three weeks later...

"Castiel, your song is at number one!" Gabriel screams as loud as he possibly can.

"Oh my god, really?" Castiel yells back excitedly.

"It's about time!" Lucifer announces.

"We need to have a party!" Anna proposes.

"Let's invite the Winchesters over!" Samandriel suggests. They've started considering Adam a Winchester, so he doesn't have to add his best friend's name.

"Hell yeah!" Gabriel agrees. "Do it!"

"Go have your party somewhere else!" Chuck tells them. "I'm working on my book!"

Everyone rolls their eyes. Typical Chuck, ruining everything.

"Let's see if we can have a party at Bobby's junkyard," Gabriel suggests.

"Dude, you can't just ask to have a party at someone else's house!" Anna scolds him. "That's, like, manners 101."

"Too bad. I'm doing it anyway."

Luckily, the Winchesters agree immediately. It's no surprise; the two families hang out at each other's houses all the time. They Novak kids all file into a car, barely fitting in one. Lucifer heads over to the driver's seat, but everyone immediately tells him he is not allowed to drive. They've seen him drive, and it's definitely not worth the risk if Michael can drive instead.

Michael drives them to the Winchesters' house, and everyone hops out of the car before he even gets the chance to park it. They head inside, greeted immediately by the three Winchesters.

"Hey, guys," Sam greets them all politely.

Dean just gives everyone the cool guy head nod thing, and Adam says a shy "hi."

"Congrats on number one!" Dean tells Castiel.

"Thanks!" Castiel replies, too happy to accept the compliment as awkwardly as he usually does.

"It took way too long, by the way," Sam tells him. "It was clearly a number one hit way before it made it to the big leagues."

"That's not true, but thanks anyway."

"I say we celebrate the best way we know how," Dean announces. "Let's make cookies."

"Yeah!" Everyone agrees at once.

"As long as I don't have to help, because I can't bake," Gabriel adds.

"Then you're not allowed to help anyway," Dean tells him. "I'm not letting anyone mess up my cookies."

"I'm just wondering why you chose cookies over pie," Castiel says.

"Because I don't know how to make pie," he replies. "At least, not with the stuff we have here. Bobby doesn't keep a fully stocked pantry. It's mostly booze and more booze."

"Beer pie, let's go!" Lucifer says excitedly. Noticing the looks he gets, he adds defensively, "Joking, joking. Maybe."

"Lucifer, can you please stop being... you?" Michael asks.

"Nope!" Lucifer replies with a grin.

"I'm gonna make cookies," Dean announces. "Mostly to get away from that weirdo," he adds, gesturing to Lucifer before walking away.

"I'm gonna help," Castiel adds, following his boyfriend to the kitchen.

Maybe cookies is... well, interesting, to say the least. Finding everything is a challenge; there are so many random things that finding the ones that matter is damn near impossible. Finally, they gather all the ingredients, going off the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip package because both boys agree those are delicious.

Making them is an issue as well, mostly because Castiel has to keep scolding Dean about not eating the cookie dough.

"There's raw egg in there!" Castiel has to remind him on multiple occasions. "You could get salmonella from it."

"Or I could just get the delicious taste of uncooked cookies," Dean would counter every time.

"They're called cookies for a reason," Castiel would reply.

"Yeah, because some weirdo wasn't creative enough for an actual name."

Eventually, they finish mixing everything together, and then have to argue about baking them. Dean says they should be bigger than the size the package says, but cooked for the same amount of time so they're soft. Castiel wants to make them exactly as the package says to, because that's how you bake something. You follow instructions.

Finally, they reach a compromise. Half the trays will hold big cookies, half will be normal cookies. With all their arguing, it takes an hour and a half just to get the first tray in the oven, but once that's done, it goes much quicker. Then again, maybe it's not because they aren't arguing. Maybe it's because they pass the time between trays making out.

Finally, the cookies are done, and they're eaten immediately while they're still warm.

"These are delicious," Lucifer tells them, not bothering to finish chewing before he does.

"Thanks," both Dean and Castiel say at once.

"I second that," Anna announces.

"I third that," Gabriel adds.

Soon, everyone is agreeing with him. Sometime as they finish their large group consensus, Bobby enters the room.

"What, don't I get cookies?"

"Oh, sorry, Bobby," Dean apologizes. "Have a cookie. Have two cookies if ya want."

"Thanks. I'm glad you're letting me eat something you made with my stuff," Bobby teases in his sarcastic way as he takes a cookie.

Suddenly, the front door opens, and the first thing they hear is, "Bobby, you gotta help me bury a body."