Chapter 7

I stared at him then swapped looks with Hazel and Lily. "Est-ce que je ne peux pas répondre honnêtement?" (Can I not answer honestly?) I whined. Hazel laughed before replying, "Nan." (Nope) She grinned. I glared at her and looked at the others who were looking at me. My cheeks were tinted pink but I just couldn't say it. I opened and closed my mouth but I couldn't answer no matter how many times I tried to force the words out of my mouth. At last, I curled up and muttered, "I can't say."

"Aww... C'mon, Jasmine. Spit it out." Peter begged. I shook my head no. "I can't." I croaked. I snuck a glance at Remus. "Not while he's here." I told them. Sirius and James were shooting Remus looks and he was fighting the glances with death glares. Peter sighed, "Ok, we'll let you off this once."

I smiled at him and stuck my tongue out at Hazel-Nutty who was pouting at me. The next time I was asked, I chose dare. "Cub, I dare you to kiss Remus." Hazel told me. I stared at Hazel, my eyebrow raised, "Why is every dare I get about me, Remus and kissing?" I asked. She merely shrugged and gave me her infamous smirk, "Dunno, but deal with it." "I don't deal with things, I live with them." I retorted.

Hazel grinned at me and pointed at Rem who was blushing madly. I shot Hazel a you-will-pay-becuz-I-know-Collin-isn't-your-only-crush look and pecked Remus on the cheek. A smirk fell on my face, aimed at Hazel who facepalmed. "You didn't specify where." I told her. She grumbled under her breath and my smirk widened.

So the game went on until around an hour into the midnight. Hazel dropped out of the game because she fell asleep on Sirius' lap. Sirius draped an arm around her. I smirked at that and took a photo of them, resulting Sirius to chase me around the room, surprisingly not waking Hazel throughout the process.

The next few day was like any other weekday.

"Jasmine, wake up!" Lily called across the dorm room to where she thought I was still laying down. I smirked lightly when I saw her jump at the sound of me opening the washroom door. "Good morning, Lily." I smiled. "Oh Gosh, Jasmine. You have me a heart attack." Lily said, her hand flying to her chest, but she smiled at me nonetheless. "Come on, Nut' s downstairs already." I grinned.

I looked down the stairs and to my pleasure, I saw a familiar boy nearby. "Oi, Remus!" I hollered. He looked up from the book he was reading. "Morning, Jasmine." He replied, smiling softly. I gestured to the stairs and asked him to put a foot on it. He frowned but did as I asked. I hopped onto the slide Rem "created" and slid down it.

"Whee!" I laughed. Remus forgot to step out of the way and I ended up barreling into him. "Ouch." He muttered, brushing the dust off himself, his face red and offering me a hand up which I gratefully accepted. "I'm sor-" We both started and paused mid-sentence. I shook my head, "Nevermind." I told him, grinning. "No harm done." I said.

"Same." He smiled as we walked through the portrait hole. "Though I must say, that was quite childish, Jas." He frowned slightly. "Anndd, our prefect Lupin is back." I said dramatically. We walked into the Great Hall and the first thing I saw was Sirius Black making out with another girl. I rolled my eyes but stopped when I saw someone else watching them sadly. I walked over to her, ignoring the greetings James, Remus, Peter and Lily were exchanging.

"Hazel, hey." I said. She swung her face to look at me, misery written all over her face. "It's never going to happen isn't it? Either we stay as friends or I risk him hating me for the rest of the year?" She asked me. Sirius had sat down behind her and judging by the way Hazel tensed, I figured out that she knew he was behind her.

I looked at her to say no but hesitated. I can't lie, but I don't want to rip her heart. "We're on the same page." I told her at last. She looked at me, some of the old sparkle in her eyes coming back. "A certain werewolf?" She teased me and I groaned. "Shut up." I moaned at her, mentally facepalming. She smirked at me before turning to chat with our friends again.

My work is done. She's happy again. I told myself. No. She'll only be happy for a while. Another voice argued.

Well? You can't promise her it'll happen nor can you say it'll never happen because it'll tear her apart!

But there's gotta be a way?

What? Tell Sirius in the face that Hazel likes him?

That's a start.

It's stupid.

It might work! The voice retorted. The voices started arguing back and forth, giving me a major headache. I scowled at my plate, trying to sort my options out.

"Jasmine. Jasmine. JASMINE!" I jumped when I heard Remus snap my name. I looked up wearily, "You have my attention." I told him. "I said, do you want to head to Divinition together." He repeated with a sigh. I glared at Hazel, James and Sirius who were laughing and snorting. Peter peered at the others around the table. "Prongs, grab your girlfriend. We gotta go." Peter told James who left with a "bye" along with Lily.

I nodded at Rem. "Sure. C'mon. Sirius, be nice to Hazel in Care for Majical Creatures." I told Sirius sternly. He gave me a nervous look and nodded. What the HECK was he scared of anyways?

I smiled to myself as I headed down the hallways to the classroom side-by-side with Remus. "Sooo... Do you know why Sirius hadn't been sleeping for the last two days?" Remus asked out of the blue. I looked up at him and examined his eyes. He looked tired. So do you. I argued with myself. I've gotta agree with her on this one. You haven't been sleeping well for the last two nights. I glared inwardly.

"Jasmine?" Remus asked. I shook myself before grinning at my bo- friend. Friend. He's my friend. "I'm cool. Sirius? I dunno. Hazel and I haven't been sleeping well lately too. We stayed up late chatting and sometimes, Lily would wake up and we'd all start chatting about random things." I told him rapidly. He blinked and a blush formed on my cheeks. "Did I speak too fast? I always tend to when I'm startled and talk too much and oh- there I go again. I'm so sorry, I-" Remus' gentle, tinkling laughter caused me to shut up effeciantly. "That's ok. To be honest, I haven't been sleeping that well too. It's either prefect duties or other thoughts." He smiled as he opened the trapdoor for me.

"Such a gentleman." I gushed, laughing when I saw his face heat up. I changed the topic. "Did you do the homework?" I asked out of the blue.

His facial expression changed immediately. His face fell as he asked, "There was homework?"