Chapter 17

"They're definitely closer." James said immediately beside us. Sirius nodded, agreeing, "I thought so." He said. "They're being more open to each other." Hazel quipped. I frowned slightly, "Are they being more open to each other or are they more cautious around us?" I asked more to myself.

"Both, I think. I don't know how I know this, but I'm pretty sure they feel unsafe around us. Is seems, they trust eachother more. It's not like they don't trust us..." Hazel trailed off, deep in thought.

"Maybe it's because they had to rely on eachother a lot during the escape and also, they've trapped there for 6 Days, suffering the Cruciatus curse every 10 minutes. I don't see how they would've survived without eachother." James commented from beside. I nodded.

"You may be right, Prongs. But don't you see? This is the chance! This is the unborn baby of their future love! We've got to nurse it. It's gonna kill Moony if they don't get together soon." Sirius grinned. "Jasmine too." Hazel pointed out. James shrugged as if saying maybe, I don't really know.

I rolled my eyes at Sirius. "Trust you to start thinking of real love. The only heart you haven't broken is Hazel's" I snipped. Sirius smiled at Hazel and said, "And I tend to keep it that way." He started to lean downwards and James shielded my eyes. "Help." I squeaked, pretending to be scared of them kissing.

When James released his hand, I took one look at the clock and freaked out. "It's one in the morning! We have to sleep now!" I shrieked, panicking. Sirius and James rolled their eyes but got up. Hazel and I walked over to our sleeping bags on the floor.

"Goodnight, Lily-Flower." James said, planting a firm kiss on my forehead before leaving, climbing up onto his bed.

Jasmine's POV:

An alarm clock went off when it was 7:30 and I cursed when I was woken by the buzzing. "Bloody hell. Who wakes up at this time?" I grumbled, sitting up and running my eyes.

"You." A voice replied from the bathroom. I turned around to see Remus, dressed up in school robes. "One, that alarm clock isn't mine, it's probably yours. Two, we don't need to go to lessons." I huffed and dragged myself off the bed despite the chills the morning cold gives me.

Rem shrugged, "Well, do you fancy not having breakfast? We don't want to be bombarded by questions the second we leave the dorm." He reasoned me. I moaned in annoyance. "Why do you make so much sense?" I complained. "Because I can." He smirked and gestured to the bathroom. "Your turn."

I grumbled and swore some more. "Accio school robes." I pronounced. My uniform came flying into the dorm in seconds. I hopped into the bathroom to get changed.

Tap tap. "Rem, I've just got in here 5 minutes ago." I complained. Remus knocked again. "C'mon, Padfoot is threatening to change out here!" He called. I straitened my Gryffindor tie again and flung the door open then ran from the doorway.

Sirius crossed the dorm and disappeared behind the door. I straightened my tie for the 55th time. "Cub, stop doing that." Hazel told me but it just seemed like a comforting gesture to calm my nerves. Heck, why was I even nervous?!

At last when everyone had changed, we walked out to the Great Hall. Once we reached there, Peter immediately tucked into his breakfast. Remus and I did the same. We hadn't had food this good since last week! People walked by and gave us strange looks but we didn't care. Professor Dumbledore stepped onto the stage and called for silence.

"It appears that Miss Cooper and Mister Lupin had been captured by Bellatrix Black and Fenrir Greyback. They are now thankfully returned safely." He started. Some jeering broke out from the Slytherin table and I spotted Remus' face filled with consorted rage. "No student are allowed out of their common rooms after curfew and no one shall travel around the school alone. This is the end of this announcement, please enjoy your breakfast." Dumbledore finished as if he hadn't been interrupted.

"Hey, Cooper, Lupin. You've been captured by Bella? Wow, you two must be really weak." Lucius Malfoy hissed. "Not weaker than your bunch." Remus shot back, trying to control the anger that's trying to tumble out. "Oh? Well, you're actually weaker than us because we have never been captured by them." Nercissa sneered from beside. "She's your friend, you blithering idiot! Why would she do that?!" I snapped. A few heads turned to look at us.

"That's no excuse." Severus chimed in, his black eyes full of loathing. "Shut up, Snape! You and your stupid friends have never felt the Cruciatus curse! You didn't have to eat stale bread every 2 days! You never had to suffer injuries and wasn't able to treat them! You didn't have to trans-" I started yelling and stood up, Remus clamped a hand over my mouth.

He then dragged me out of the Hall with everyone from every house watching, some sniggering and some in shock. He didn't stop until we reached the Marauders' dorm.

Once we arrived, I wriggled out of his grasp and glared straight at him in the eye. "What was that for?" I snapped. He looked back at me, his eyes filled with half-anger and half-pain. "I was angry too! But you nearly told the whole school we're werewolves!" He said, his voice tight. I frowned and recounted what I said and my eyes grew wide when I realised where he stopped my rant.

"I'm sorry." I said guiltily, backing away from him slowly. "Sorry? Sorry doesn't cut it!" He scoffed. "It's not my fault Malfoy provoked me!" I shot back, blood roaring in my ears. "So it's not your fault you can't control what you said?" He snapped back. "Ye- No." I said. His eyes were cold but I thought I saw a flicker of unhappiness in them before he said, "Get out."

I blinked at him and didn't move. "What, Jasmine, I say?" He asked, turning away, his voice slightly shaky but full of anger. I stood up and waved my wand, levitating my things and stormed out of the dorm without another word, nearly running into Hazel who was coming up with the rest.

"Cub-" She started. I ignored her and quickened my pace to the girls' room, my eyes stinging and slightly red. When I arrived the room, I dropped my wand on the bedside table, dropping my things with a slam and dove into my bed, crying my eyes out.