Chapter 19

Jasmine walked back into the dorm but as Remus had not opened his eyes, he couldn't see that Sirius wasn't with her. The rest of their friends watched on as Jasmine passed again, unaware of their presence. She strode over to Remus and tucked a strand of black, silky hair neatly behind her ear. She leaned down and kissed Remus on the lips lightly, her eyes widening in shock when she pulled away, realising what happened. Remus tried not to panic and when he acknowledged the state he was in without opening his eyes, he was shocked. How could the dream cause me to- Wait, is it a dream? And was it Sirius who kissed me because if it is, I will kill him. Remus told himself before taking a deep breath and opening his eyes.

Jasmine watched as Remus slowly opened his brown eyes and he immediately made eye contact with her. Sirius was nowhere to be found so Jas could be the only who kissed him. A small smile entched onto Remus' face at the realisation. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, trying to tame his messy hair with his hand. All while not looking at her. When Remus decided that his hair was fine, he turned around and took in Jasmine's outlooks. She was wearing a simple top and jeans. Suddenly filled with relief that Jasmine isn't dead, he leapt forwards and tackled her with a hug.

Jasmine immediately hugged back and she pushed her face into his chest. She was soaking it and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's happening. Leading her over to his bed, Remus sat her down and hugged her tighter. Jasmine continued her sobbing, crying out her misery and loneliness for the last 2 months. "Thank Godric you're alright." Remus mumbled into her hair. Jasmine smiled but broke down to more crying.

At last, she composed herself. She pulled away and looked at Remus, straight in the eye. The invisible friends had stood there for the last 5 minutes, watching Remus comfort and sooth Jasmine. They held their breath and watched on, Lily squeezed James' hand, happy for her friends. "Rem, I'm sorry." She managed to say before weeping again. Remus moved to hug her again. "Hush, dear. No, I'm who's supposed to apologize. I'm the one who told you to-" Remus broke off, not wanting to stir up unhappy memories. He hung his head as he continued. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know why I didn't accept your apology then." He mumbled.

Jasmine looked up, startled. "No! You're handling this way worse than me! I'm the one who should apologize, truly. Look at you! Failing your homework assignments, drinking firewhisky, and not even caring about where you put your uniform. You're handling this more worse than I am. So quit that an-" Jasmine's rant was cut off by Remus saying, "We'll compromise." He said at last. "Fine, but you still had it worse..." Jasmine trailed off when they spotted James pull off the Invisibility Cloak that covered the five of them.

"Are you guys spying on us?" Jasmine asked, her eyes, although still red and puffy, were sparkling with playful annoyance. "So what if we were?" Hazel smirked as blood rushed up Jasmine's cheeks. Remus was too busy fixing his bed to pay attention to their conversation. "Moony, why do it the muggle way when you can use magic?" Peter asked. "Because." Remus replied, not sparing him a glance. Jasmine gasped and punched his arm playfully, "That's my line!" Jasmine pouted. Remus grinned at her and went back to searching for his wand. When he finally found it, he walked over to the washroom. "It's a good thing you didn't get Sirius to kiss me because if you did, he'd be dead by now and Hazel won't thank you for that." Remus smirked and shut the door. (Sorry if I always do "and went to the washroom" and "and shut the door" lines.) Jasmine ignored him, smiling to herself as she lay down onto Remus' now fixed bed.

"So, you made up?" James pestered Jasmine as she continued staring at the ceiling of the four poster bed. "You know the answer." Jasmine replied, still staring. The bathroom door unlocked as Remus came out, now fixed up, his hair was combed up nicely. He looked at Jasmine who was still laying on his bed and hadn't move. "Why do you like laying on my bed so much anyways?" Remus asked casually as they walked towards the Black Lake. It seemed like a daily routine now. "Because." Jasmine said, blowing her hair out of her face and sitting down beside her friends. Remus sat down too but his wand was not stowed away, unlike the rest. Jasmine noticed and rolled her eyes. "Rem, we're not going to get captured again, the teachers eye us like hawks. If you squint in that direction, you can see Slughorn watching us." Jasmine sighed and pointed not-so-obviously at the teacher. Remus twirled his wand between his fingers, Jasmine was right, of course.

As always. Remus snorted quietly but decided not to comment and put away his own wand. James and Lily were sitting beside eachother, a comfortable silence draped over the two. Peter was sitting and observing his friends while eating more food. Jasmine looked over and caught Sirius and Hazel snogging. "Eww! Get a room you two!" She fake puked and ducked her head into Remus' chest, hiding her sight from their scene, attempting to keep clean her "innocent" mind.

As if. Sirius and Hazel broke apart immediately, their faces flushed and bright red. Jasmine and Remus were smirking, Peter gave them a thumbs-up, James was grinning ear-to-ear and Lily was laughing at their faces. "Well..." Hazel trailed off, still blushing. "We'll get one when we're in Prongs' house." Sirius snipped in snidely and smirked. Hazel blushed madder- that is, if it were possible.

"When are we going anyways? And are you coming this time, Pete?" Jasmine asked randomly.