Chapter 37

They had returned to the dormitory. The dorm was filled with miserable silence- the way it had been for the past two weeks. The door creaked open and a scent filled the doorway.

A scent that Sirius knew all too well.

His breath hitched and he sat at the foot of his bed. His grey eyes were focused solely on the door as it was pushed wider.

He felt his eyes widen at the sight of her. She walked into the dorm, wrapped in his friend's cloak. Her hazel eyes scanned the dormitory, and finally landing on him. Peter strolled in after her, a relieved yet worried look shining in his eyes.

He felt emotions running through him as he kept his unwavering gaze on his girlfriend. The way she looked at him made him self-conscious. It was as if she could look right through him.

Hazel didn't know what to do. All she did was stay glued to the ground and stare at him. She didn't know what was he doing throughout the whole time he was captured but she does know that she missed him a lot.

Tension filled the air. Peter closed the door quietly behind them. Jasmine sat up rigidly and Lily tore her tear stained face from James' chest to the girl in the middle.

Sirius came to his senses. "Hazel.." he managed to breath out before he surged forward, wrapping his arms around her and touched his lips to hers.

Hazel's POV:

Sirius' kiss was soft, unlike his usual rough ones. The way he held me was firm yet gentle, as if he was worried I would shatter upon his touch.

It took me a moment to react to his kiss. I kissed him back with the same attitude and force. It was so familiar. And it was so distant.

No sound came from our surroundings, I guess this particular PDA didn't bother them that much.

He pulled away but kept his arms around my waist. I gazed up to him and cupped his cheek, stroking his cheekbone with my thumb. There was so many things I wanted to tell him, yet I couldn't find the right words to start.

Jasmine's POV:

Hazel tried for a smile. It came out as a frown. "Sirius... I'm sorry..." she suddenly sobbed, she buried her face into his chest. WHAT?! Why is she apologising? "What?! No, Hazel, stop apologising! You didn't do anything wrong." Sirius panicked.

"I left you..."

"To get food. Hazel, shut up. Stop apologising. Since when is taking food worth apologising for?" Sirius asked gently. "If anything," he continued, "I should be sorry, for not watching out and-"

"Okok, stop this sappy stuff and save it for your dates. Stop hogging Hazel, Sirius. We need to hug her too!!" Jasmine cried out exasperatedly.

Sirius barely managed to crawl out of the way before Jasmine and Lily flung themselves at Hazel.

Lily started bawling like a newborn baby but Jasmine managed to stop herself from tearing up. Words couldn't express their feelings so they settled for not talking and just hugging.

When it felt like eternity, Jasmine released her best friend and so did Lily. Remus came up next and gave Hazel an embrace before shuffling over to Jasmine so James could get his turn.

"Alright, how did you come back?" Sirius asked now, trying to stop getting all emotional and stuff.

Peter and Hazel exchanged a glance. "Well, they tried to dunk me into the Black Lake with my hands and feet bound but I found a sharp rock and rubbed the rope onto it. It snapped and I swam up to the shore before passing out." Hazel shrugged. She hated lying but she didn't know what to say.

"When I found her, the Death Eaters weren't there, so I just dried her up with a charm. She was still shivering so that's why I gave her my cloak." Peter covered up.

"Really?" Sirius gave them a suspicious look.

"Yes!" Peter and Hazel exclaimed together quickly. Too quickly.

Sirius didn't look convinced but before he could say anything, Hazel said, "As long as we're all safe right?" Sirius gave in and sighed. "Yeah, true. But you should get some rest. You've been through a lot, love."

Sirius scooped her up bridal style and plonked her onto his bed. She snuggled into his chest without a protest, inhaling his scent that she had thought she might forget. He tucked her under the covers and sat on the edge of the bed, watching her doze off.

Jasmine grabbed Remus and heaved him up. "I want cookies." She said with a straight face. Remus didn't fight the smile that was making it's way onto his face as he said, "Sure, let's get your cookies."

• • •

Jasmine laced her fingers with his as they strolled to the kitchen. Remus parted his lips to say something but noticed that she had her thinking expression on so he shut his mouth immediately.

Jasmine felt relief flood through her as she replayed when Hazel came in. She had been so worried for the past weeks and was so miserable. Just the sight of her best friend in person had washed her worries away, replacing it with relief and happiness. Her frowning face had lit up and as tossed her "clue paper" into the trash bin.

"Jas... JAS... JASMINE ARYA COOPER!!" Remus yelled.

Jasmine jumped a couple steps back. "Holy mac and shizzle, you didn't need to yell." She placed a hand on her heart. "Even if I was zoning out." She added, smiling sheepishly. Remus rolled his eyes but kissed her on the cheek because he felt like it and herded her into the kitchen.

The kitchen was busy as usual. House elves were everywhere, preparing dinner for the students and professors.

Winnie's voice adverted the duo's attention when she greeted them, "What brings you here, Ms Cooper, Mr Lupin?" She smiled. "We would like to have some cookies, please." Jasmine grinned. She loved the house elves, they were just the cutest. "Right away!" Winnie answered her happily and bounded off to who-knows-where.

Jasmine leaned against Remus and sighed happily. "I'm so glad that Hazel was found. I don't really care how Pete found her but as long as everyone's safe, I'm happy." Jasmine told Remus, unconsciously taking his hand and giving it a little squeeze. Remus laughed at the gesture and touched his lips to her temple gently.

Her happiness was the most obvious. While Sirius showed his by constantly fussing over Hazel instead of being dramatic, Jasmine had turned from being a dull, grey furball to a colourful and cheery fluffball.

(I like fluffballs sorry xd)

"Thanks Winnie." Jasmine gave the house elf an award-winning smile that Remus had missed for a long time. She took the cookies and turned to leave, Remus tailing her with amusement lingering in his eyes for his girlfriend's over-enthusiastic reaction.

Remus picked his speed up and was soon walking next to Jasmine who was trying very hard to eat a cookie. Her brows were furrowed causing her to look adorable. Remus laughed and picked up a cookie before feeding Jasmine with it. She swallowed it gratefully but couldn't say anything.

He shook his head and chuckled fondly. Jasmine and her passion for chocolate chipped cookies.