Chapter 16

Remus leaned in as my cheeks warmed up. Gently brushing aside a strand of my hair, he gave me a quick peck of the cheek. I looked at him, processing what had happened.

"Don't let your guard down, Jas." He advised me, grinning cockily. "C'mon. Let's finish this and go back to the common room. I'm sure Lily and Hazel will kill us if we don't arrive back there before ten." I said, smirking slightly. I just absolutely adored the snarky side of him. It loosens me up sometimes.

Remus nodded in agreement and gulped down the last of his milk. "Let's go." He said, standing up. I stood up too and we returned to the Gryffindor tower.

• • •

"So you escaped Bellatrix Black and Fenrir Greyback and survived? Not to mention you had to move quickly after suffering a few minutes of non-stop Cruciatus curses casted upon you?" Hazel asked for the 67th time. I snorted and laid back onto Remus' bed. "Oui, Nut." (Yes.) I told her again. Remus sat next to me as I filled them in.

Lily had taken one look at me and hugged me, squeezing the living life out of me. She demanded that we tell her how we got the two scars on our faces.

"Transformation. And Greyback." Remus had informed her. James sighed in frustration. "Moony, how can you be locked up with Jasmine and never kissed her?" He asked, getting worked up.

"Because, Prongs, you don't have to kiss whoever you're locked up with." Remus said from beside me. "I told you he'd get worked up about this." I sniggered quietly. Remus grinned, "Yes you did." He replied. Sirius smirked at us both and we glared in return.

"We got a day off tomorrow." I said, remembering. Sirius and Peter gaped at us. "No you did not!" James shouted. "Did so." Rem and I said at the same heartbeat. "You're going to do tons of pranking right?" Peter asked. We both shook our heads. "I'm going to eat, read and rest." I told them, Remus nodded, "Same." He said.

"And study." Hazel interrupted. "We have DADA quiz on Monday." She told us. I look horror-strickened. I looked at them worriedly. "Please tell me you helped me take notes." I pleaded. Hazel looked at me as if she didn't care. "I most certainly did not. Lily and I didn't know if you'd return." My eyes grew wide as I stared at her, my heartbeat stopping. I let out a choked cry and then heard laughter.

Lily was smiling and Hazel was rolling on the floor laughing. "I can't believe you believed that! Oh my- hahahaha... I ca- I just can- haha... Oh my Godric! Of course we believed you'd come back!" Hazel chocked out, clutching her sides and laughing like a maniac. "Yea. We of course we copied notes for you two!" Lily said chuckling. I glared at them playfully, "Don't ever trick me like that ever again!" I scolded them. James smirked, "I believe they thought it's too tense in this room. And anyways, your face was priceless." James told me honestly.

I grabbed Remus' book, much to his protest, and chased James around the room with it. At last, after completing 6 rounds around the Marauders' dorm, I sat down beside Remus again, returning his book. "So anyways, are you two," I said gesturing to Lily and Hazel, "-going to continue sleeping here? We can move back today." I asked. "One more night." Hazel said at last, exchanging glances with Sirius that only couples could pull off.

Remus and I made a face in unison. "Ugh. Stop that already, you two." We said in sync. James and Peter laughed as soon as we finished the sentence. "Yup. You two were definitely locked up together." Hazel smirked. I glared at her and picked up my wand.

"Accio clothes and book." I chanted. My book and clothes came whizzing into the room and I beat Remus to the washroom. I slammed the door quickly in his face. "Wait for your turn!" I yelled out, unable to hide the laughter and amusement in my tone. I heard Remus grumble and swear outside but he didn't bang on the door which was a good thing.

I took a hot shower, scrubbing out all the dried blood and mud from my hair and body that I had missed out just now. After I did that, I got out and got dressed, squeezing the water out of my hair. I got out of the washroom and Remus groaned at me. "Took you long enough, Princess." He sighed and banged he door shut before Sirius could reach it.

"Are you serious?!" He shouted at the door. "No, mate. You are." James said from behind. I sat down on Remus' bed and dried my hair with spells. I then conjured up a sleeping bag on the floor so I could get ready for bed. Sirius stopped me. "No way are you and Moony going to sleep on the floor tonight." He said. I shot him a look that said are you kidding?! But, Miss Hazel Watson had to step in and agree with him. "I'm not taking any of your beds nor am I sharing." I told both of them. "But-" Lily started. I cut her off. "No. And anyways, I can always use your bed tomorrow." I said cheekily.

Hazel gave in. "Fine." She grumbled. I flashed her a smile and grabbed my book. I flopped down on the "bed" I magicked up and started to read. But I couldn't. I've tried every possible way to clear my mind but the only thing that pops up is Remus. He's so caring and nice, he doesn't deserve to feel guilty for being a werewolf, like me. Maybe it's because I was bitten at an early age and because I've learnt to accept the ways people treat me but Remus isn't the sort of person that would harm anyone if he could help it. A sigh left my lips as I thought, setting aside my book, bookmarking the page before lying on the bed, engrossed in my own thoughts.

Remus came out 3 minutes later and frowned at me. "Jas, you're not sleeping on the floor. Get up. Now." He ordered.

I shook my head no. "I'm sleeping here." I refused. "No you're sleeping on the bed. If the rest of the boys won't swap with you then I will." Remus glared at me. "Moony, we've just went through this with her. She insisted on sleeping there." Peter knitted his brows together.

"Jasmine, get up. I'm swapping with you." Remus growled. "I'm staying." I objected. "And anyways, I can sleep in a bed tomorrow." I told him. He shook his head. He pointed at his bed. "Swap. Now." He said with a tone of finality. When I crossed my arms and still didn't get up, he huffed and stomped over. Picking me up, he placed me on his bed and handed me my book.

I squirmed in his grasp but he kept a firm grip on me. I glared at him and said, "You're paying for that." Remus rolled his eyes in reply and settled down on the floor. The rest of them were watching open-mouthed and Peter managed to sneak over to the shower. "Awkward..." he said before shutting the door. Sirius and James settled for waiting by the door. Hazel and Lily were already in their pyjamas and they were still staring at us.

Feeling their heated gazes piercing onto my back, I turned over in the bed and looked at them, "Cut that off." I commanded and returned to the book I was reading, tucking up the covers.

Although I've asked them to, I knew Sirius, James, Hazel and Lily were still staring at us, trying to process what had happened. I rolled my eyes and sighed quietly at myself.

They're the couples. They should be used to that by now. Rem and I were just playing around although he did over do it a little.

But you weren't that close to him before the capture so it's a shock to them.

I don't know. As long as they cut off the staring, I'm fine.

Agreed.

Shutting my book close, I said goodnight to Rem and the rest. I turned over and slept, too tired to care about what tomorrow had in store for me and too tired to stay up and chat with them.

I'm sure I could sleep for a month.

Lily's POV:

When James came out of the shower at last, him, Sirius, Hazel and I sat down to talk about the day. Peter had hit sleep immediately after he came out. He wasn't like the kind who gossips.

I huddled closer to James as Hazel asked us all a question that made me pounder.

"So, what do you think of Jasmine and Remus?" She questioned, her eyebrows quirked slightly and a smirk visible over her face.