Chapter 30

A smirk graced Jasmine's face as she answered, "About time. I thought you had forgotten about it.". "Never." Remus replied, grinning as he pulled Jasmine in for a light kiss. " Ack...." Peter muttered as he turned away. He was used to the PDA by now and constantly pretended to be disgusted by such actions.

"So, Wormtail, how about Joanna Smith as your date?" Sirius asked, scanning the Gryffindor common room with the Marauders' Map. "I was thinking about Selina Ward actually." Peter replied. And the conversation carried on for the rest of the night.

• • •

"Jasmine! Wake up! Gosh dang! Wake up! Wake up! WAKE UPPPPP!!!!" Hazel screamed in her best friend's ear. Jasmine jerked awake, looking like she just experienced a heart attack, which she probably had, judging by the volume Hazel used.

"Merlin's pants, Nut. Shut up." She panted, trying to calm her beating heart. "Well, I'm sorryyy, but even Lily's ready to go to Hogsmeade." Hazel drawled. "Okay okay, Nut. Jeez. I'm coming." Jasmine laughed as she dragged herself across the dorm.

"FOR FUDGE FLIES ONLY!" She yelled before shutting the door to the washroom. Hazel laughed as she picked up her pouch, seating herself on her bed as she waited for her friend.

• • •

"Umm... Mars has 3- no. 2 moons, named Deimos and Fel-Fili-Fob- uhh... Phobos. There we go!" Jasmine exclaimed, earring looks from some people around them as well as Hazel. Lily grinned, happy for her friend. The trio looked around the village. It was a girl's day-out today and the three were looking for outfits to wear to the ball.

"We're here!" Hazel said suddenly. Lily and Jasmine looked up. The sign read Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasions.

"I thought-" Jasmine started, "It's a branch of the shop in Diagon Alley. Madam Smith, Madam Malkin's best friend runs the shop here." Hazel bubbled excitedly. "How did you know?" Jasmine asked as Lily said "Even I don't know. What the heck, Hazel?" Hazel blushed. "I read too." She defended. Jasmine shrugged and they stepped into the shop buzzing with people.

The girls split up, each going for a different section. Lily went straight for the green dresses that hung on the rack. Hazel looked around the rows of black dresses and Jasmine walked through the section of plain white.

Jasmine scanned the dresses, hoping to find the best choice for a dress. At last, she spotted a dress in plain white, laced flowers sewed around the collar and flowed to the foot of the dress. Jasmine checked the price quickly and headed back to look for her friends.

(A/N: Sorry that I won't put up photos of the dresses cuz I can't find one that matches what I think they should wear.)

Lily was the second one to finish deciding her outfit. She settled for an irregular, mint green chiffon with a silver star near the waistline.

Hazel debated among herself as she looked at the two dresses before her. The plain black dress with black jewels on it looked simply stunning on Hazel but the pale pink dress with black laced flowers on one side looked great. Hazel groaned as she beckoned to her two friends.

"Guys, I need help. Can you help me choose one?" Hazel asked, trying to force the sigh out of her voice. "Of course. The choice is simple too." Lily laughed. "Which one, then?" Hazel asked again.

"The black one!" Lily and Jasmine cried in unison, then bursting into giggles. "Oh alright then." Hazel smiled at her friends as she picked up the black dress carefully.

Jasmine skipped out of the shop and laughed aloud. "Great! Now we can head back to the castle!" She said enthusiastically. "What? Anxious to get back to your boyfriend?" Lily smirked at her. "Oh man." Jasmine groaned, facepalming. "I'm giving up on reasoning you." Jasmine sighed before laughing, her tinkling voice filled with joy and gladness. "My turn to guess." Hazel smirked. "Anxious to study for N.W.E.T.s?"

Jasmine nodded as she rushed her friends to move faster, her face frowning slightly.

• • •

"Back so fast?" James asked as he leapt up from his bed and hugged Lily quickly. "Probably cause Hazel missed you, Paddie." Peter laughed as Hazel smacked him lightly.

"Hello, Rem." Jasmine laughed as she sat beside Remus on the bed, flicking her wand so the boy's dorm's scenery changed to the one for Charms. "Hi, Jas." Remus smiled as she laid down. He stroked her wavy black hair gently.

He was so deeply in love with her. From her enchanting outlooks, electrifying blue eyes, (reasonably) tanned skin and silky black hair to her cheery, joyful and sometimes, quirky personality. Even with her snarky attitude, ferociously high temper during the times near full moon and her sarcastic comebacks, he embraced her completely, with open arms. Fearless, cunning, loyal and smart, she was the perfect girl for Remus Lupin.

Jasmine Cooper's bravery prided the Gryffindor house, her slyness rivalled Slytherin, her loyalty matched those of Hufflepuff and her intelligence won Ravenclaw's.

Not to mention her passion for chocolate.

Remus Lupin was a boy Jasmine stumbled across when she first transferred to Hogwarts. They never expected to fall in love and never expected the current, blooming relationship between them. But now that it has happened, it felt like a dream come true. Neither Jasmine nor Remus could think of another person to replace the other.

Their fates were twisted, both of them went through horrible experiences, some alone while others with friends, but now, their lives brightened. You can't have a rainbow without the rain after all.

They loved each other equally. There was no doubt, it was shown even in the ways they looked at each other. But will it be enough, to keep them together after an argument? Will it be enough to keep them safe and together through the brewing war?