Chapter 39

The girls were seated on the floor of the girls' dorm, chatting. Jasmine was reminded of when James proposed. She helped plan it for him, of course. He was so bloody nervous.

She remembered when she first met Remus. She had thought he was an average boy, nothing special, except for his beautiful personality and adorable habits.

Whether he was aware or not, Remus had a habit of twisting the hem of his cardigan whenever he was nervous, or he could twiddle his fingers. He would run his hand through his sandy brown hair, but still unable to mess it up.

Then, she thought of the time when she was trapped in a duel with the Slytherins. He was called a wolf and he had shrunk back when he heard. She was embarrassed when she was called his girlfriend, but wasn't much opposed to it. She smiled as she remembered. That duel was something to remember. It was when she was first called as Remus' girlfriend and when she had found out his shocking secret. Of him being a werewolf.

She remembered the terror in his hazel brown eyes as he searched her eyes for the fear she held for him but found none. Instead, he found a clothed understanding for him and was relieved when she told him that she didn't mind. It was another thing they had in common, aside from their love for chocolate and books.

Then, it was when they were kidnapped, Remus was very caring and she then realised that she enjoyed his company very much. And that his concentrated attention on her made her feel warm from head to toe despite the circumstances that were in. She started to explore her feelings for him and by the end of the two weeks, she realised she had been in love with him all along.

Then there was this memory at James'. Their first Christmas spent together. Their first kiss. It was a beautiful memory that Jasmine tend to keep.

Jasmine was jolted from her thoughts when a voice said, "Cub, how would you like Remus to propose?"

The grin etched onto her face evaporated quickly and she dropped her hand from her neck. "What?" Jasmine asked, baffled. Hazel sighed. "You're thinking about Remus aren't you?" She flushed and nodded. "How did you know?"

"You were rubbing your pendant." Lily smiled. Jasmine felt blood rush up to her cheeks. "I was just wondering when he's going to propose." She said defensively. "That's why I asked you how would you like him to propose." Hazel rolled her eyes.

"In private, thank you very much, Watson." She returned her eye roll. "Why?" Lily asked curiously. "I don't want a lot of people staring. Just the thought of it makes me shiver." Jasmine replied. "But, I like it at night." She smiled dreamily.

"What? Why night?" Hazel couldn't help but grin. "Is it cause that big, ball up there, hanging in the sky surrounded by-" Hazel didn't get to finish before Jasmine whacked her, frowning. "No!" She exclaimed, shaking her head furiously.

"Hazel, a twilight kiss. It's common in books, but it's beautiful. Lover-related things done under the moonlight or near it is regarded as amazing to her, I'm guessing." Lily sent a smirk at Jasmine. Jasmine gaped at her. "Lily! You read me like an open book!" She laughed.

"I try." The redhead winked.

"Nut, did Rem ask you to ask me these?" Jasmine swung her focus to her best friend who had this creepy look scuttle across her face for a moment. "Nah, but I want to help him. And I want sleep." Jasmine opened her mouth to retort but Hazel beat her to it. "Don't deny it, Jasmine Lupin." Jasmine blushed. "You lie awake in your bed until 3 every night." Hazel said, laughing. "It's bad for your liver." Lily facepalmed. "But yea, your bed creaks." She agreed.

Jasmine sighed defeatedly. "Don't go blaming me. It's been a week since James proposed and it's nearly end of the year!" "I know! That's why we're trying to help you, Nut." Hazel performed another eye roll.

Jasmine tilted her head slightly and smiled softly. "Thanks guys."

• • •

Remus paced the dorm with a panicked expression painted across his face. He was not wearing anything special but he had a ring box stowed away in the pockets of his robes.

"Moony, for Godric's sake. For the last time, you'll be fine. You won't die if she doesn't accept but I know she will. Just bloody get down there and be done with it cause you're making us all worried over something that has a only 0.00001% chance of happening!" Sirius told his friend exasperatedly.

Remus shook his head. "Padfoot, I'm sacred. What if she doesn't like it? What if she rejects me? What if other people watch me get rejected? I don't know what's going to happen and that makes me afraid. I can't pretend that I don't want to propose, because I do, but it's just everything that might happen fills my brain every time I think about it."

"Moony, act first, think later. The thing with you is that you always think about what's going to happen. They happen afterwards. That's why they're called consequences." Peter smiled at him. James offered Remus a grin of his own. "Just get down there, and make the little wolf yours, Moony. We'll be up here whatever happens." James laughed. "Yea, we're not going anywhere." Sirius smirked.

Remus replied them with a mirroring grin and, with one last check if he had the ring in the box, he left the dorm.