{Chapter 1}: (Rewritten)

Avery's POV:

The feeling of the wind wrapping around me like a blanket. The feeling of the grass in between my toes, tickling my feet. The overwhelming scent of morning dew and the pine trees that protrude from the dirt.

These are the reasons on why I would rather enjoy the outdoors than inside of my own home. I wouldn't even go as far as to call it my home. It is simply four exterior walls with a roof and windows that are always covered by curtains. A door that traps you inside and blocks you from any escape. It then breaks down into a maze of even more walls and doors containing residents known as my family. We used to be like any other typical family that I would watch on TV. A happy go-lucky mother, a hardworking father, an overprotective brother, and a naïve, cheerful daughter. The only difference is that we lived our lives as werewolves inside of a pack that is like an extended family. But like any story, everything changes in the drop of a hat.

That fateful day happened to be my birthday. The day I was supposed to shift. The day my family was supposed to be proud. The day everything was supposed to be okay. Nothing was okay, my family wasn't proud, and I didn't shift. That cheerful, naïve girl who was loved by all was quickly turned wary, somber, and rejected.

I was demoted because I was a "no-good filthy human", "a failure", and "an embarrassment to the family". I was forced to cook meals for over three-hundred, clean every nook and cranny of every room, and became the walking stress doll. Having to endure anyone's anger whether it was by kicking, punching, being whipped, scratched, and so on. It was bad in the beginning and I was used to the harsh words said to me by the other pack members, but the worst part of all was hearing the things that would come from my used-to-be protective brother and my best friend's mouths. The brother that said he would let no harm come to me as long as he was alive. The best friend who had hoped that I would be the Luna to his Alpha. The one who would order any unmated males around me to look away, that I was his to stare at.

The lesson I had learned from all of this was that people lie. They lie right through their teeth. My brother had lied to me when he said no harm was going to come to me. My mother and father lied when they said they would love me no matter what. And my best friend lied when he said he had wished that I was his mate. That is why I am now walking away from this. The lies. The broken promises.

This is why I enjoy the outdoors more than anything else in the world. The wind was my comfort blanket. The grass tickling my feet just to make me laugh. The scents of the dew and pine trees calming me down to tell me that everything will be okay.

~~~~~

About thirty minutes into my walk of escape I hear the sound of paws bounding on the ground, gaining on me. I break into a full run knowing that if I stop, I won't be living to see another day. My bare feet are seeming to step on almost every sharp rock, tripping on every tree limb, and stepping into every hole. This is the one time I where I hate the outdoors. 

I keep running and I can feel that I had twisted my ankle when I had stepped into one of the deeper holes of the ground. I run through the pain and I feel myself leave the territory of my pack, hearing the paws of the wolves that at one point had nipped at my ankles to toy with me, slow down to a stop. I had beat their game and am finally free from my pack ties. I stop a good few yards away from the border and stare at the wolves. I recognize one of them to be my brother, Travis. He shifts back to his human form and grabs a pair of shorts one of the wolves behind him. He slips them and and stares at me in the eyes.

They say the eyes can show the emotions one is feeling. And all I see in his eyes is disgust and hatred. He looks down at my now bleeding feet that are covered in dirt and leaves. His scrutinizing gaze stops on my left ankle that is starting to swell. He looks back up at my face trying to find any sort of emotion present on my face. Pain. I catch pain in his eyes for a brief moment before it returns to hatred.

"You're going to die out there you know? A weak human like you is not going to make it in a wolf's world. You are the prey and we are the predators. Don't forget it." Those words that come from his mouth burn my heart. I watch him turn around to walk back, but he stops only to turn around to look at me once more.

"And Kolton says that if we ever see you again, you are dead." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the completely remade version of Chapter 1 of She's the Alpha. If you have not heard, I am rewriting this book due to the fact that I was not happy with how the book was going.  There were too many plot holes that when I first started writing I did not think about. And secondly, towards the latest chapter that the book is at now, I'm pretty sure you can tell that I was not inspired. I wanted to get chapters out to everyone, but I had a major writer's block and I also did not know what to do with anything. 

So, I came up with the idea to rewrite the chapters so I can start getting new ones out. I am much more happy with the way that this chapter is written already. If you have any questions or know what I can do to make this a more enjoyable book please let me know whether it is through social media or messaging me on Wattpad.

If you are reading this and it is your birthday, close to it, or it had already passed I want to tell you to have a Happy Happy Birthday!!

-Owl ^-^

Snapchat: justan_owl