{Chapter 14} :

Avery's POV:

~Flashback~

"All of you Omegas better have breakfast done by 8:30 a.m. this time!" I hear as I am once again pushed to the ground by my "father".

I quickly stand back up and dust any dirt off of my jeans. I turn to my new friends, which are newly made Omegas. They were going to be executed because they were Rogues, but the Alpha decided that "We could use more Omegas since the one we have is to lazy". I mean, I could work faster if I wasn't kicked or hit constantly. Besides that, there is Damien and Jen. Damien acts like a flirt and bad boy, but is really nerdy. And Jen is the one who tries to keep Damien and I out of trouble.

"Okay, we need to make pancakes, bacon, sausage, and cut up fruit." Jen reads off of the schedule she had made.

"I can start cutting the fruit, Damien you can cook the bacon and sausage, and Jen you can make the pancakes."  I order. Damien does a salute, while Jen just smiles and nods. You can tell Jen loves to cook. Every time we get sent to the kitchen to cook, she get excited.

~After Breakfast~

I face plant on my mattress in the attic and let out a sigh. I flip myself over and close my eyes intending on taking a nap, but am interrupted by the sound of my bones snapping at a rapid pace. Tears start to fall down my face as I try to muffle any screams that might escape.

As soon as the snapping  and pain subsides, I look down at my hands which are now white paws. I quickly scavenge my room for a reflective surface and soon find a shattered mirror. I look at myself and see a pure white wolf.

Being shocked is a major understatement. But as sudden as the shift was, I was soon shifting back. I take notice in the fact that I am still wearing my clothes, which is odd for a werewolf.

I sit down on my mattress and fall back. I am just staring at the ceiling, thinking over the situation at hand. Why me? Why did I shift now and not when I was supposed to. It could have saved me from all of the pain. But if I did shift earlier, would I have met Jen and Damien? Also, why did my clothes not rip? Normally a werewolf would be naked after shifting.

After thinking over these question for about an hour, I close my eyes for a much needed nap. I expected it to be a dreamless one, but could never be more wrong. I see myself in a field of white lilies. I start to look around me and see a woman with dark brown hair and a long magenta dress. I think I know exactly who this is.

"Avery."

"Moon Goddess." I say still in a state of shock. She just smiles at me, giving me a comforting feeling.

"Avery, I wanted to tell you personally that I have given you a rare gift."

"A gift?" I ask while tilting my head to the side. She softly laughed at this.

"Yes. You are not a werewolf. You are a Shapeshifter. You will be able to shift into any animal you want. This is a gift I give out to the only individuals that I believe to have a pure heart and trustworthy. Not only that, but they have to show their strength through difficult situations." She finishes saying this, but by the look in her eyes she isn't finished.

"You're not done. Are you?"

"I'm afraid not. Unfortunately, in order for someone to have this much strength, there has to be a downside. Shapeshifters have an evil inside of them. This evil builds off of negative emotions. If it gains enough strength, it can and will take control of the Shapeshifter."

"And I'm guessing that it will hurt others in the process." She just nods at my theory. This is a lot to take in. I mean, it is awesome, but can be dangerous at the same time.

The Moon Goddess walks to me and puts her hands on my cheek and just smiles at me.

"Don't worry, my child. I know you are stronger than what you think. And it seems our time together has run out. I am now going to send you back. And happy sixteenth birthday, Avery."

She smiles at me one last time as everything fades back to reality.

~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!!!!

I am back and feeling guilty. I am super duper sorry for making everyone wait so long for an update. I know this chapter isn't much, but it is giving background on what happened on Avery's sixteenth birthday. 

Picture of Jen.

And Cole Sprouse as Damien

Anyway, if your birthday is today or is coming up, Happy Birthday!!! Or if it has passed, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

-Owl ^-^ <3