{Chapter 2}: (Rewritten)

Kolton's POV

*6 years later*

     I feel the adrenaline course through my veins as I race in front of my Beta, Travis, and my pack warriors to fight off yet another Rogue attack. We have been facing a massive increase in the amount of invasions as of late and it is starting to piss me off. We have made an effort to interrogate a few of them, but come up short. They never reply and only stare at the wall ahead of them with the same soulless eyes. It's unnerving the say in the least.

     However, today is different.

     They all seem to be fighting with a purpose rather than acting as if they were simple puppets being mindlessly controlled by a higher power. Even though they have a new found purpose, they are still outnumbered and now just lifelessly litter the ground. 

     I run to the small clearing in the pine forest and immediately jump onto the back of a brown wolf whose fur is matted down with mud and blood. I sink my claws into his sides causing him to tumble to the ground which the gives me the opportunity to bite into his neck. I continue to attack and kill six more Rogues; however, I stop in my track as five more surround me. I howl as two Rogues attack me from behind, taking out my hind legs. The other three take the chance to run at me from different angles. I try to stand, but am only pinned back down. I search the clearing for some sort of help, but come up short when I take notice that everyone is occupied with their own competitor.

     Staying conscious becomes more and more difficult as the seconds pass. Suddenly I feel the weight being taken off of me as the Rogues' attention in now on a new scent that has entered the forest. Taking the time to heal myself, I notice that Travis runs toward me.

'Alpha, it's a new pack and the Rogues seem to have stopped fighting completely. Against us that is.'

     I nod at him and turn my attention to the new figures that have emerged through the tree line. The wolf leading the pack emits the aura of an Alpha, and a strong one at that. I observe as the pack quickly takes down the remaining Rogues without a single casualty. I shift back into my human form just as they do the same.

     A strange scent invades my nose, luring me closer to the source. It smells of freshly bloomed roses with a hint of oranges. I take a few cautious steps toward the unfamiliar pack. A woman with short, silver hair and hazel eyes emerges from the crowd wearing and pair of shorts and a t-shirt.  

     "Hello Kolton." She says with an emotionless face as her arm extends toward me with a pair of basketball shorts in her grip.

     "Avery."