{Chapter 4} :

Above is a picture of Travis, Avery's brother and Kolton ' s Beta.

Avery's POV:

As I finished reading a document, Jake mind-linked me telling me Kolton's pack was getting seated in the meeting room.. As I heard this, I started getting jittery and excited. I'm pretty sure I have the world's goofiest looking smile right now. But, if you were about to face your old, abusive pack with news that you are an Alpha, you'd be pretty excited too.

I walk out of my office and walk down the hallway. When I was only a few steps away from the door, I knew my mate was in there. The smell of chocolate filled my nose. Normally chocolate doesn't smell this appealing. I quickly shake my head. No, you can't do this to yourself Avery. Don't let the smell of your mate distract you from the task at hand. Just, walk in there and look strong and powerful. I roll my shoulders and open the door. I notice everyone's eyes are on me, but I can see my pack members with huge grins on their faces. I keep my face emotionless and walk to the head of the table and sit. I look across the table and see Kolton staring at me in awe. Crap. He is my mate? Why me? What did I do to deserve him being my mate, now I will have to deal with him and his ego.

I break my gaze away from him and see all of his pack staring at me with their mouths wide open. I spot my "family" consisting of my mom, dad, and sister, with my brother sitting next to Kolton.

"Everyone might want to close their mouths before you catch a fly." I say. I know, that is not normally what an Alpha would say first, but I'm am most definitely different.

Kolton stands and starts to walk towards me. I stand and meet him halfway with an emotionless face, although, I really want to laugh.

He extends his hand, "Alpha Kolton Green of the Crescent Moon Pack."

"Alpha Avery Parker of the Black Mist Pack." I grab his hand and shake his hand, but I feel the sparks in my skin. I let go of his hand and look at him. Man, I really, really, really, want to take a picture of his face! It is priceless.

"I bet you weren't expecting a female Alpha, but nonetheless your favorite omega." I say while smirking as I walk back to my seat. As I sit down, I see my brother, Travis, stand up.

"How did an omega become an Alpha?" He exclaims in confusion. I notice my pack get angry, but Jake looks like he is ready to shift a kill Travis. I put a hand on his shoulder to help calm him down, and I see Skye doing the same thing.

"Well, Travis. That is easy to answer. After I was exiled from the pack, I was being chased by rogues and stumbled upon Elder Celeste, who so kindly adopted me. So, when I turned 18 I decided to form my own pack. The rest you should know. But, now I have an actual brother, sister, mother, and father." I conclude with a smirk.

"Who is your 'family'? " He asked. How stupid is he?

"Jake is my brother, his mate, Skye my sister, Celeste, my mother, and Elder Ethan, my father." When I finish saying this I can see my biological family fuming with anger. I swear there was actual smoke coming from their ears.

"Any other questions?" I ask.

" How did you get this many pack members?" I hear someone in the crowd ask.

" Simple. I accepted anyone who needed a place to go. Including Rogues, runaway pack members, and omegas. Plus, this is not even half of my pack members." I answer.

"Speaking of omegas, where are yours?" Travis asked. As he finished his question I glared at him and stood up.

" There are no omegas! I do not have any, because I believe no one deserves to be treated as I once was by you mutts! No one should ever have to be abused mentally and physically, maybe because they didn't shift when they were supposed to. So, I do not have any!" I finish saying angrily. I can see Kolton's pack look scared or nervous. Speaking of Kolton, why has he not said anything?

" I would think that an Alpha would speak and defend his or her pack, Kolton." Jake says bitterly. Kolton finally meets my eyes as I glare at him.

" Why would you call your pack mutts?" He speaks! The man can actually speak!

" That is not my pack, this is." I say as I motion to my pack members, my family. "You are not my Alpha nor my family. You do not deserve to be acknowledged as so by me."

I close my eyes and take deep breaths to calm down. When I am calm, I open my eyes and see the pain pass through Kolton and his pack's eyes. Good, they should feel bad.

"Aside from my personal issues. What is your pack's issues exactly with the Rogues?" I question. I know...it seems like I am being bipolar, but I showed to much emotion to them. They don't deserve my tears nor my pain.

" The Rogues have been attacking in large groups. Larger than normal. As I said on the phone, 5 of my fighters are dead." Kolton answered. Why would Rogues team up in groups?

I stand up and walk to the doors with Jake and Skye behind me. I turn and meet the gaze of Kolton. His brown eyes are swirling with emotion. Mostly of love and guilt. Why would he feel guilty now? Oh, I know. He is only feeling guilty because I am his mate. If I wasn't he wouldn't care.

"Let me think this over. Devin, show Kolton and his pack to the pack house." I hear Devin reply with a 'Yes, Avery.' I told my pack to never call me Alpha unless necessary.

I walk out of the meeting room and up to my bedroom. I sit on my bed and put my head in my hands. I don't realize I am crying till I taste something salty. I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say and quickly wipe away the tears. I look in the doorway and see Skye.

"Oh, sweetie." She says and engulfs me in a hug. She rubs circles on my back and gives me supporting words. "You should go to sleep."

I nod and grab a tank top and gym shorts. I take off my clothes and replace them with my pajamas. I crawl into my bed and pull the covers over me. Skye tells me goodnight and leaves the room. I start to doze off into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I updated and I wrote over 1,000 words. Wow. Anyway, next chapter will be in Kolton's POV.

And, I won't be updating for a few days until maybe Sunday. I am going to be busy this weekend with 2 birthdays.....so. If you have any feedback, I would love to be able to see what your opinions are on the story and how it is going so far.

Lastly, if today is your birthday, then I wish you a very Happy Birthday! :D

-Owl ^-^