{Chapter 5} :

Hey, before you guys read this chapter, can you guys go and check out Liger19900.  The book, The Black Crown, is very unique and amazing.  I have already fallen in love with the book.

Plus, above is Savannah ^

Kolton's POV:

I noticed when Avery had turned to look at me, I saw pain and anger reflect in her eyes.  What happened?  We were supposed to talk about the Rogues, but I guess everything didn't go according to plan.

After Avery and her pack left the room, Miranda, Avery's mom, started to cry.

"What happened to my baby?" She choked out.  As she said this, Hayden, her husband, was rubbing circles on her back and was giving her supporting words.  But, what had happened to Avery?  She used to be shy and quiet.  Now, she seems independent and strong.  She's changed so much that it kind of scares me.  This hurts my pride admitting that.

"What is that dirty omega's problem?"  Travis spoke in anger.  I swiftly grabbed Travis by the collar and pinned him against the wall.  I then punched him in the nose and heard a crack.

"How dare you insult your future Luna!" I screamed at him and threw him on the ground.  I kicked his chest and heard a rib crack.  I looked Travis in the eye and saw fear and surprise.

"S-she's your mate?"  He asks in disbelief.  I nod my head.  He gives me an apology and stands up.  I take a quick scan around the room and notice everyone has left the room, leaving Travis and I.  I turn on my heels and walk out of the meeting room.  I look to my left and see a set of stair then look to my right and see the door leading outside.  I walk towards the door and am about to turn the doorknob, but am stopped by a hand wrapped around my wrist.  I turn and see Savannah, with a seductive smile on her face.  Now that I know who my mate is, this seems revolting. 

"How about we go to our pack house?" She says while batting her mascara coated eyelashes.  Now that I get a good look at Savannah, her face is caked in makeup.  She has dyed blonde hair with dull blue eyes.  She looks like nothing compared to Avery.  I am taken away from my thoughts when she runs her finger up my chest.  She looks me in the eye and leans in and kisses me, while I stand there frozen.  I push her away and she falls to the ground.  She looks up at me in confusion.

"Why did you push me away baby?  You know you want me."  She says.

"You are nothing but a disgusting pig. Stay away from me and Avery if you know what is good for you."  I conclude and walk out the door.  I start to head to the pack house, but am stopped by a scream coming from the main pack house.  I run back and bust through the door.  I see Avery holding Savannah by the neck against the wall.  Avery's eyes are purple, which is different from every other werewolf.  Normally, when werewolves are angry, their eyes turn black, but it seems that it's not the case for Avery.

Avery tightens her grip around Savannah's neck, who looks like she is going to pass out from lack of oxygen. 

"How dare you touch MY mate?  Keep your long witch fingers off of him."  She threatens Savannah.  Avery drops her to the ground and stands over Savannah. 

"He isn't yours.  He is mine.  Besides, why would he want you?  You are still that pathetic rat that was thrown out years ago."  Savannah claims.  How dare she call me hers.  Avery is mine just like I belong to her.  Just because I dated her in high school, and maybe slept with her a couple of times, doesn't mean I want her anymore.

"Looks like you are still sleeping around with any guy you can get your grimy hands on.  That seems to be the only thing you can do.  You are nothing." Avery says as she picks up Savannah and throws her into a wall leaving a hole.  Wow, she has definitely changed.  She is three times stronger compared to a normal She-wolf.  But, I feel like it isn't her Alpha strength.  I feel like it was something else.  I am snapped out of my thoughts as I feel Avery looking at me.  Her eyes are normal and she is looking at me in pain and disappointment, with a hint of disgust.

She turns and goes up the stairs.  I feel like I can't move.  I feel disgusted with myself.  Next thing I know, I am running up the stairs after Avery.  I follow her delicious scent and I find myself in front of what I am guessing to be her bedroom doors.  I open the door to see her sitting on the edge of her bed, with her hands running through her short silver hair. 

She turns to look at me.  That is when I see her red swollen eyes.  She must have just finished crying.  I walk over to her and kneel in front of her.

"Avery..."  I begin only to feel a sharp sting on my cheek.  She slapped me.  And I deserve it.

"Why are you here, Green?"  She spits out at me. 

"I want to be with my mate.  And I want to a-apologize."  I stutter.  Wait, since when does the Kolton Green stutter?  Never mind that now, I need to talk to her.

"You? Apologize? HA!  That never happens."  She laughs out.  Her laugh is so cute.  Oh my, I sound like a girl. 

"I'm serious, I am sorry for what I did to you in the past.  I never really understood why I did it.  But it was stupid on my part.  I don't expect you to accept my apology, but please know I am sorry." I finish. 

She looks me in the eyes as if she is looking for something.  I see her eyes flash purple, then go back to normal.  She just nods.

"Let me think about it.  I'll talk to you tomorrow afternoon in my office at 3:00.  Meet me there."  She says.  Her face is completely emotionless.  I stand up, and quickly kiss her forehead, and walk out.

~~~~~~

So, I finally updated.  But, I noticed that there are now 500 views!  I never expected that many people to read my book.  I thought maybe 5 people were going to read it, but everyone is just amazing.  So thank you, from the bottom of my heart!  You are all amazing!

Also, I won't be able to update until Thursday at the latest.  I have practices, and doctor appointments.  So, I am so sorry.

Anyway, if today is your birthday,  I hope you have a fantastic birthday. Happy Birthday!

-Owl ^-^

(All images used in this story I found on Google)