Chapter 11- Friendly Fire

FINALLY! I finished it! Now read on, nothing to see here... xD

<POV- Narrator>

*VIM!*

*VIM!*

The four appeared via teleportation help from Eli and the renewed Catter.

"So what's the master plan?" Catter asked.

"Well, the mountain is protected by a surrounding wall and the only way to it's center is the gate, there," Ty pointed to the foot of the mountain. "However, the buildings surrounding the mountain are unprotected to a surprise attack, which I believe is what they plan on doing as soon as the sun gets below the horizon."

"So, we have about half an hour to get the defenses ready..." Dark concluded. "Not bad, I've had worse."

Everyone looked at her.

"What?" Dark said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Well then," Eli stood up, putting his heavy sword into the sheath on his back. "let's get going."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now dark, and guards had been posted all around the village. Maulthaurian golems roamed freely among the surrounding buildings, and groups of soldiers were on patrol. The cannons and dispensers were fully reloaded, and manned. The builders continued their work on the buildings, each carrying a sword, and some, a bow and armor.

Ty used his right eye to scan the surrounding area from the watch tower on the east side of the mountain, overlooking the forest.

"Nothing yet over here, Eli, you got anything?" Ty asked Eli through his robot brain's transmitter to the ear piece Eli was wearing. Catter and Dark also had ear pieces and were in the other watch towers as well.

"Eli?"

"Dang, thing!" Eli violently tapped on the tiny ear piece.

"Eli, you there?" Ty called again.

"Hello?" Eli put the piece up to his mouth, then back to his ear.

"You with us buddy?"

"Yeah, but this stupid thing wasn't working!"

"I thought you have these sort of things back home?"

"Well, yeah, but they're bigger! They don't have buttons only a paper clip could activate!"

"Just hook it to your ear like I showed you."

"Okay, I'm trying."

As they talked, they looked at each other through the windows of the towers. Suddenly, there was a loud, shrieking, electrical sound that shot through the radio wave.

"OW!!!!" Dark and Eli yelled, tearing the earpieces out of their ears.

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT??!!!!" Dark yelled into the ear piece.

"Catter, did you teleport?" Ty asked, looking over at Catter's tower.

"Sorry! I was hungry! I didn't want to miss anything, so I teleported back to your house," Catter answered.

"Nobody move!" Eli shouted, throwing his hands up.

"What? Why?" Dark asked.

"Every time we move, it seems that something goes wrong with the radio," Eli replied.

"Get over yourself! Geez, we have work to do!" Catter yelled back.

"Says the cat lady who went to get food!" Eli shot back.