Chapter 5- Making Friends

(Continuation from last chapter)

* 3rd POV *
The group of animals chosen were called back to the stage. Catherine was standing next to her new friend Johnny and Arrow, a cheetah who looked like they would snap at any second. Buster came out with a chest. It was obvious that the money was in there. Mike walked up to it and said, " Hey moon, can you open this up now? I wanna see what a 100,000 dollars looks like."He started to search in his pockets but paused," what did you say?" The sheep sitting in one of the chairs came up on the stage and repeated what mike said. Buster told everyone to stay onstage while he went to talk to Eddie.

* Catherine's POV *
While buster went to talk to Eddie, we all decided to introduce ourselves. I awkwardly started with,"Well, hello everyone! I'm Catherine." "I'm Rosita and this is Gunter, it's nice to meet you", one of the pigs replied with. The rest of the animals introduced themselves and stated why they wanted to audition. Rosita wanted to show her talent and help her family, ash was doing it for her and her boyfriend, lance, mike auditioned to get the prize money, Johnny came to express his talent as well, and when it got to me, I told them that I needed a better home and job. We were interrupted by buster. He told us he was going to send us home for the day and to come back in the morning. We got off the stage and headed back to our homes, Johnny caught up to me. "Hey, I'll walk you back so you don't go back alone." I nodded,"I didn't know you could sing." "I didn't know you could either, I saw your audition. You seemed to shut down in the middle though." I looked down," yeah, I saw their faces and thought they thought I was bad." He stopped and put his hands on my shoulders,"but you weren't! You were good enough to get into the competition! It's okay to not feel confident, everyone feels like that sometimes, but if you're confident, you can do some of the greatest things in life, never forget that." I smiled after that because I knew he was right, if you don't have confidence in yourself, it holds you back from doing something you love. Before we kept walking, he hugged me.I blushed like crazy but I hugged back. He let go and we made it to the building. We said goodbye and I went inside. I went up to my room and looked around. Geez, this room is a mess, I'll clean it up a little bit. I picked up soda cans and any other garbage and put it in a trash bag by the door. I gathered all the laundry and put it in the washing machine. Lastly, I made my bed. It looks decent now. I watched tv for a while then went to bed.