Chapter 10

Everybody's reaction was different; the elven guard drew their bows tighter and pointed them at Twilletoria, Fili and Kili were trying really hard to suppress an outburst of laughter, and Thorin just stood there shocked. The other dwarves were about just as shocked because they weren't a hundred percent sure where all the rage came from but they also learnt that Legolas was not the nicest elven prince at all.

A young she-elf stood forward with her bow and said "How dare you strike an elven prince!"

"Thankyou Tauriel, but I think my father will deal with them." Legolas pulled Tauriel back into line.

"Always go running back to your daddy for the dirty work." Twilletoria chuckled.

"I would kill you now but I think my father has something that would be better."

"Does anyone here even know what really happened or did you just tell them all that I was 'a lost cause'?"

"They know exactly what happened, you and your meddling with dwarves got you put into a coma."

"You know nothing of what happened! She saved my life because of her sacrifice." Thorin jumped into the argument and that's when all the dwarves took up arms against the elves for if their leader didn't like them neither did they.

"Drop your weapons, you are now prisoners of Mirkwood." Then the guard pounced onto the company and took a dwarf each and disarmed them, the elf removing Fili's weapons took a while for he had quite a few knives in various places but they managed to find all of them unfortunately. Twilletoria was another story though since Tauriel had the job of getting her weapons but Twilletoria for some reason did not fight it, she gave up her bow and arrow and her axe which got many skeptical looks from the elves.

"Why do you have an axe? You are no dwarf."

"Maybe it was a gift for saving a dwarf's life once."

"Well, maybe it should've been a fatal sacrifice."

"What did you say?" For Legolas had whispered that last sentence so nobody else heard it but Twilletoria had an idea of what he might've said. But there was no repeating that sentence for he walked away before another word could be said and signaled the guard onwards.

Once inside the great underground palace that was King Thranduil reign the company noticed something that was missing. This thing that was missing was a little hobbit by the name of Bilbo, he had watched the events in the forest from a distance and had never been seen by the elves for he had slipped on his magic ring before he slid through the front gate before they shut on him. This was their only hope of getting out of here because they realized that this palace would be very hard to get out of once inside.

"King Thranduil, we found these dwarves and elf in our forest." Tauriel announced.

"What would an elf be doing with a company of dwarves?" Thranduil asked

"I just wanted to see your beautiful face once again." Twilletoria replied with a heavy layer of sarcasm.

"Twilletoria? What are you doing here?"

"Look, I'm not repeating it all again! Just ask this thing that is a son of yours." Twilletoria pointed at Legolas who looked deeply offended.

"How dare you talk to my son like that!"

"Wow, this feels like deja vu from like in the forest."

"What do you mean?"

"This is almost the same conversation we had out in the forest but with Tauriel and Legolas instead of you and Legolas."

"Well if that is the case you can all go sit in the dungeons while I discuss with my son what the turnout of the conversation was."

And so the company minus Bilbo were taken down to the elven dungeons and tossed into a cell. Unfortunately or fortunately there weren't enough cells for one each so many dwarves had to double up and Twilletoria ended up in one with Fili.

"Nice going." Fili mumbled.

"Hey, what would you've done?" Twilletoria countered.

"Haha probably the same as you actually."

"Exactly."

"Nice punch by the way."

"Thankyou, I had been planning it for quite some time and I feel as though all my anger and hurt has flooded out of me now."

"That's good since I am in a confined space with you." Then Fili realized what he had said and tried to backtrack "Not that you are insane or anything before, you are just calmer... now."

"Don't worry, I have acknowledged the fact that I was a little insane before but traveling with you guys has made me see that there are only very limited numbers of bad dwarves and most are nice and trusting." Fili then let out a sigh of relief because he could finally relax around Twilletoria and not worry about being killed but her next sentence made him think of the safety of the other dwarves because she also said "But one dwarf here looks very similar to the one who killed my mother."

Fili's jaw dropped because he didn't think any dwarf here would ever do such thing but he still asked "Which one?"

"Balin."

"Who said my name?" For Balin had very sharp ears and was only two cells down from them.

"Did... did you kill my mother?"

"NO, I wouldn't dare do such a thing but you obviously did for my father witnessed you killing your own mother."

"What? It was your father that killed her, I would never hurt a single member of my family! Does your father have a scar down his arm?"

"Yes, he said he got it in the mines. Why?"

"I gave him that scar right after he killed my mother."

Silence. "My apologies Twilletoria, all this time he had been telling me a lie and I bought it. Nobody in their right mind would kill a high elven queen for no reason and my father was not in the right mind."

"Well thanks to you neither am I."

"My deepest apologies." He really meant it too for he was feeling betrayed by his father and feeling like a betrayer to Twilletoria. She really was just a nice elf that was hurt badly by dwarves those many years ago. Now he will be forever in her debt because his father passed away a while ago and he could not leave things unresolved as they were, but the repaying of debts would have to wait for a guard came down to the cells and came and removed Twilletoria from her cell.

"Where are you taking me?" She was starting to panick because the realization of what she had done to the prince dawned on her and she would not get out of this on top.

"The king would like to have a little 'discussion' with you."

The discussion the king had with Twilletoria was not one in which the two sides talked and reasoned things out, it was a one sided discussion with only Thranduil talking while Twilletoria was being tortured. They brought out a chair made of moving vines and they placed Twilletoria on it. Being the king of wood elves Thranduil could control the vines and make them into a tight harness around her body that held her too the chair that tightened every few seconds.

"My father will hear about this." she shouted.

"Oh, I don't think so. Otherwise the chair may visit you again."

For a long while Thranduil just lectured Twilletoria about respect for himself and his son but once he got tired of that he released her from the chair of vines and started throwing her around the room. Throughout the whole underground palace you could hear the crashes and screams emanating from the great hall but nobody came except a one Mr Bilbo Baggins but he didn't know what to do so he just stood there and watched until finally it was over. Thranduil called some elves to carry her back to her cell for she was not dead but in so much pain that she could not walk.

Thud. They threw her back into her cell and Fili rushed over to her and checked if she was still breathing. "What happened?"

"He wasn't very pleased with me punching his son."