Chapter 15

Bilbo turned immediately white but luckily Twilletoria had kept her cool and she turned towards a suspecting Thorin.

"I cant tell you, it's a secret."

"Tell me before I throw you out!"

"Well, if you really must know, Bilbo has been feeling a little homesick and has also been having trouble with the dwarven toilets." she just couldn't resist the chance but her lie did not betray her for Thorin seemed to believe her 100%. Then Thorin went walking off with Bilbo by his side and started to discuss ways to make the toilets more suitable for hobbits which meant Twilletoria had to use all of her will to hold in a laugh that was about to burst forth.

"Hey Twilletoria, what are you doing? You look like your about to be sick." Kili had walked around the corner and come face to face with a she-elf who looked like she was struggling to keep something down and so he took a big step back.

"I'm fine" she could barely hold the laughter in now "Could you please excuse me for a moment?"

"Yeah sure."

So Twilletoria ran as fast as she could into a sound proof room and let it all out, unfortunately the room wasn't completely sound proof so it could be heard echoing around the many halls of Erebor and all the dwarves froze and listened. Nobody had ever heard her laugh like this for it was a loud, deceiving and maniac like laugh. She didn't know why she was laughing like this for it wasn't even that funny but she had had it built up inside her and it didn't all come out the previous day when she tricked the others. Soon there were all dwarves and the hobbit at the entrance of the 'soundproof' room with their weapons at the ready and did not lower them when they realized it was Twilletoria who laughed.

"What are you doing?" Thorin stepped forward with his sword still in hand.

"I'm sorry, I just... I just had to let it out, for so long I have been feeling angry and resentful and anxious but now that I have, we have finally relaxed and now there is another hill to go over in this quest I just feel exhausted and scared. Yes, I feel scared. That's what it is." so that was it, everything finally caught up with her and she realized there will most likely be another fight and she has become scared and worried.

"You must not worry Twilletoria, you have been brave for far too long. You were bound to break soon." Fili walked forward as he said this and he gave Twilletoria a hug and started to lead her out of the room. The rest of the dwarves cleared a path and they started to worry because if Twilletoria broke down what would happen to them? They weren't nearly as strong or brave as her.

"Stay strong my kin, Twilletoria will come good. She has just gone through a lot more in her life than any of us and she just needed a break that will not happen soon." Thorin's words comforted the dwarves little but they had to push forward for then the men and elves drew closer and they were preparing a small party to enter the front gate.

Upon arriving at the front gate the elves and men wore surprised expression for they came to a stone wall barring their way.

"Why are you here?" Thorin bellowed out through one of the small holes in the wall.

"Are you are still alive, how fantastic. We are merely here to claim our share of treasure." Bard replied

"This treasure is the property of dwarves not men."

"I slayed the big dragon, Laketown deserves some reward."

"I give many thanks for slaying Smaug the terrible but we do not give our treasure out for it is ours alone."

"Some of that treasure is Dale's of which Smaug stole from the wreckage, it belongs to me."

"Go away and return when you have a head in the right mind. I will not listen to this now." And so they left to make camp just down below but their minds would not so easily be swayed.