Chapter 12

Heading to the armoury was a mistake but turned out to be a good mistake. Once they had all made it to the armoury without being seen they managed to get a few of the dwarves up in through the window and they started to grab as many weapons as possible. But if you remember Kili had a very sore leg and when he was laden with too many weapons he couldn't take it and took a tumble down the steps. This awoke many guards and they cam rushing in to seize the trespassers and bring them to the Master of Laketown.

"What have we here?" The Master questioned.

"Thirteen dwarves, an elf and a little... thing." The first guard replied.

"I am a hobbit." Bilbo clarified.

"A hobbit you say, okay. But why are you all here?"

Thorin then stepped forward and decided to take charge of this gathering "I am Thorin son of Thrain son of Thror and we are here to take back our once lost home."

"Oh, so the legends and songs are true."

Then Bard came charging in with a grim face "No, all they will bring us is destruction. They will wake the dragon which will charge upon Laketown and destroy us all."

The Master very much disliked Bard and so chose to instead welcome the guest. "Bard, you are only scared because your ancestor failed to kill the dragon in the first place but things will change and this town will be rich once more with trade so I say welcome Thorin and company. Take what you need and reclaim your long lost home of Erebor." The Master infact did not believe they would survive the wrath of the dragon but felt as though he should comfort them in their last days nonetheless.

"Thankyou Master, my company is quite hungry so if we could, may we eat?" Thorin decided weapons could come later.

"Sure, come into the great house, we will have a grand feast." and so for the next few days they ate and sang the old tales and there were many excited and scared looks towards the mountain that holds the great dragon.

The dwarves were joyful and even more so was Bilbo because he once again had all the necessary meals for a hobbit and did not have to be worried about not getting enough because they had plenty of food even though most of it was fish and cram (invention of the men of Laketown). Weapons were collected and Twilletoria chose an axe and another bow & arrow even though it was not the same ones she had before but this did not make too much difference for Thorin passed the axe to her so she still took it as a gift.

Everyday Bard got increasingly edgy for he had no power over the Master's wishes and he didn't think the dragon could be so easily defeated as the songs say. Thorin was the other one that was getting quite edgy because he wanted to start moving and did not want to make any promises of gold filled rivers flowing down from the mountain for he did not know what the outcome would be.

Fili and Twilletoria were inseparable throughout their stay in Laketown, they went everywhere together and always had something to talk about without any awkward pauses or silences for it was like they were a perfect match. At this stage Kili did not mind that his brother did not spend as much time with him for he had the rest of the company to converse with and there was plenty of dances and singing entertainment provided for the visitors.

Then came the day when Kili could not get out of bed for his leg had taken a turn for the worst since it had not been treated and unfortunately it was the same day the dwarves were leaving for the mountain to carry on their quest. So Kili had to be left behind and with him stayed Gloin for he was the medic of the company and his brother Fili. Twilletoria had a great dilemma for she did not want to miss seeing the great halls of the dwarven kingdom but did not want to part from Fili but in the end she stayed for she would be able to help heal Kili and maybe meet them at the mountain the next day.

"Are you sure? We would gladly have your help and keen eyesight." Thorin tried to reason with her but once again her mind was made up and it was not changing.

"I think I can heal Kili and we may be able to join you in a couple of days. I don't want to leave Fili."

"Good luck, and I hope you can." Then they all piled onto the boats and rode off towards the shadow of the mountain hoping to not return with empty hands. Twilletoria then turned back to the injured and sick Kili and picked him up to take him back to the only place she knew would have the right things.

"No, you cannot come in." An angry Bard answered to their plea of help.

"Please, Kili is sick and we need somewhere to lay him down. He is dying." Twilletoria pleaded once more.

You could see the mental war inside his head, he didn't want anything to do with anymore dwarves but one would die if he didn't help. "Fine, come in but once it is over you must leave."

"Thankyou" and they rushed in and placed Kili on a table that was pretty clear and they ripped off the section of his pants that was around the wound but nothing prepared them for what they saw. It was horrible and messy but Twilletoria held her ground as the others had to go get some fresh air. "Fili, can you go find some kings foil, it may help to draw out the infection. Geez Kili, why didn't you tell anyone how bad it was?"

"I didn't want to be left behind."

"Well, that didn't work very well. Now lay still." Twilletoria then started chanting a healing spell that would start to draw out the infection and Fili arrived back with some kings foil which was crushed up and placed on the wound as the chanting kept going. Soon the hole was free of disease but then came the stitches.

"What is that?" A half asleep Kili asked.

"it's what will help your leg, just relax." Twilletoria said this just as she started the stitching process and there were many winces in pain but finally it was done and all they had to do was bandage it up. They were about to relax and let Kili fall straight to sleep from all the exhaustion when there was a knock at the door. It was an Orc hunter and many more came after it, Twilletoria and Fili drew their weapons as Gloin transferred Kili to a bed in the corner and then he too drew his axe. They fought and killed and soon Bard joined in and his son Bain but there were so many that not until about 5 minutes into the fight did the orcs realize that their objective was not there, they were looking for Thorin and so they pulled back much to e relief of the defenders.

"We must go, we must head to the mountain to warn Thorin." Fili was watching the last orcs disappear into the darkness.

"But what about Kili?" Twilletoria asked.

"Can you carry him for a day?"

"I suppose so, and then in a couple of days he should be able to walk if I did another round of the enchantments." And so with that she picked Kili up and they thanked Bard for his hospitality and marched to the boats. There they were treated by some guards that were suspicious and called the Master down.

"Why are you leaving with an injured dwarf?" he questioned.

"We have urgent news that we need to tell Thorin." Gloin replied.

"What is this news?"

"There is a pack of orcs after him."

"And you?"

"Sort of."

"Then you must leave, we do not want orcs in this town." The Master did not know about the attack earlier and that is how it stayed because the dwarves and elf saw their opportunity and took it so they left with out another word, not even a thankyou.