Chapter 16

The next day the men and elves returned and they were not in the best of moods. They disagreed with Thorin's staements yesterday on many levels. Why shouldn't they get a share in the treasure? It will soon enough come to Dale once it is rebuilt but they might need some of it to help rebuild, but Thorin was unrelenting.

"Have your minds changed? Will you leave us in peace?" Thorin once again stood on the inside side of the wall and shouted out to the visitors.

"No, we have not for we believe that some of our own treasure lies within those great chambers under the mountain." Bard returned with a just as loud shout.

"I have already told you it is the dwarves treasure and you will not take it from me!" As you might have realised is that Thorin said 'me' and this is because his love for treasure is growing everyday and he was falling under the curse that his father and his grandfather both fell under before him. Bilbo had heard what Thorin had said and then started to realise that he would not give up so easily and like how Gandalf gave Bilbo a nudge out the door, he himself would have to give Thorin a nudge in the right direction if there was going to be no blood spilt. And so when the men and elves turned once more back towards their camp to prepare their weapons for a forced entry, Bilbo hatched a plan and prepared to put it into action.

Thorin was not a happy dwarf that evening once again and kept ranting on about how "They think they can take my treasure" and "Who do they think they are?!" Luckily he started to get weary and tired and retired to a little room off to the side to rest for the next day which would come with many surprises, yet he did not know it yet.

"Who is on guard at the moment?" Bilbo did not need the answer but it would help him with his task ahead a little bit.

"Um, I think Twilletoria is but Fili might be up there too." Kili replied with a slight chuckle at the end.

"Okay, thanks. Who is on after?"

"Um, Bombur is. That's why he is taking some shut eye now." With this answer Bilbo ran back to his little bed and collected everything he needed including a small package that Twilletoria so recently found out about.

Over on the wall Twilletoria and FIli were having a nice relax with just one another as company and they were having a rather serious conversation, it started with Twilletoria asking "Would you ever consider marrying anything but a dwarf?"

"Ofcourse, I don't know if uncle would agree but I would just as soon marry an elf if I loved them."

"Really?"

"Well yeah, I would have to be deeply in love with them to marry them and if that is the case then being a dwarf or elf wouldn't matter."

"Are you deeply in love with someone now?"

"Maybe, depends whether they are deeply in love with me."

"I think they might definitely be."

"Then I and deeply in love with them." Then they turned to face each other properly and shared a deep and passionate kiss. This was about the time that Bilbo was struggling to climb up the ladder to the top of the wall and so I dont know who got more of a surprise, Bilbo or Twilletoria and Fili.

"Oh um, hey Bilbo" This the first time in ever that Twilletoria felt flustered and the others both took note of that.

"Hey, um... if you want i can take your watch for you and I'll just wake you up so you can wake up the next person" Bilbo didn't know if she would agree with him or not but she noticed the bundle in his hand and got an idea of what he was trying to do so her response was:

"Thankyou Bilbo, that would be great. I am really tired and I need to catch up on a bit of sleep anyway." And so Twilletoria and Fili slid down the ladder and went off into another room that was off the main hall to 'catch up on their sleep'. Back on the wall Bilbo then tied his rope to the top and slid down the other side to the world outside.

He ran swiftly but carefully down the track to the camp set up for it was nearly pitch black in the middle of the night so he had trouble seeing his feet underneath him. Eventually he found his way to the camp where there was a little more light from the many campfires dotted around the place but he was soon spotted by a couple of elves.

"What are you doing here? Are you their little spy?" one of them asked.

"No, no I am not. I need to speak to the leaders." Bilbo quickly replied, he did not want to find out what they would do to spies around here.

"You mean to speak to Bard and King Thranduil?"

"Yes I do, I have something that could help them."

The elves both gave him a skeptical look then said "Follow me" and they took him to the biggest campfire with great chairs around it which were occupied.

"Why are you here?" Bard spoke first for he knew the little hobbit from their visit in Laketown.

"I have found a way that may help you get a share of the treasure."

"And what would that be?"

Then Bilbo brought out his little package and unraveled it and presented it with four words "This is the Arkenstone."