Preview Chapter 14

"You should get going. It's late," Victor told me. It was 10:00 pm and raining hard outside. "Plus, you have finals to turn in soon and then graduation," Neal reminded me. I gave him a smile. {I'm almost there.} "I am already done with them and have them ready to turn in," I told them.

"Figures. You are always on top of your studies," Victor said to me. I gave him a nod. "You're right about the time. I really should get going," I said to them. I got my bag and walked towards the door. "Thank you for dinner and congrats on the building," I told them.

They gave me a smile. "Thank you. Be careful on the way home," Neal told me. "Of course. Don't want to get in an accident in the rain," I said to them. "Don't jinx yourself," Victor told me. I gave them a wave goodbye and walked out of the building.

Quickly I got my keys from my bag and opened the car door. Once I got inside the car, I started the engine and slowly, got out of the parking lot. {Now, I have a long slow drive to the apartment.} New York City traffic was insane.

After a while, I was halfway home. I waited at an intersection. When the lights turned green, I stepped on the gas pedal. The car moved to the middle of the intersection when I heard a loud screech as if the car was skidding.

I turned my head to see a truck coming towards me.

"AHHHH!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys. This is just a small preview of the next chapter. I have not finished writing the chapter yet. I should be done with the chapter by mid February. Some things are about to shift because you guys are going to be reading from Adrian's point of view soon.

Happy reading guys.