Chapter 15: Who Is My Wife?

Adrian's POV......

"I'll be on my way," I said and hung up the phone. "Lorenzo. Get the car ready. Valeria is in the Plaza, New York Hospital," I told him and got up from my seat. "Yes sir," he said and took his phone out to call my driver.

"Adrian wait!"

I turned around to see Mariah who grabbed onto my arm. "What about me?" she asked with plead. "What about you?" I asked her as I tried to get my arm out of her grip. "You belong to me Adrian. Not her," she told me.

Finally, I managed to get her to let go of my arm. "I don't belong to anyone but my wife Mariah. To be honest, my family was right about you. You are not the girl who is making me happy. You were only a girl who was satisfying my needs until a couple years ago. I realized that I had been a jerk to my wife," I yelled at her.

Mariah looked stunned at my outburst. "Valeria is the only girl for me the more I think about it. She is selfless, innocent, and loyal. She had been trying to make this marriage work. Me? I had been pushing her away. Making her feel unwanted. I hate to think that she wants nothing to do with me once I see her," I said to her.

Mariah's tears flowed down her face. "Now, I may never get a chance to be with my wife," I told her. "Mr. Minetti." I turned my head to see Lorenzo. "Your car is ready," he told me. Quickly, I walked out of the office without looking at Mariah who probably stood motionless on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We are almost there sir."

"Drive faster," I said impatiently. I was a nervous wreck. As minutes ticked by, many thoughts came hoping in my head. Most of the thoughts were her death. I didn't want to think about her dying without me saying anything to her.

"We are here sir."

Immediately, I opened the door and got out of the car without Lorenzo to open the door for me. I walked into the emergency unit and walked to the first person who I saw at the front desk. The woman was on the computer.

"Excuse me. I'm Adrian Minetti. I am here to see my wife Valeria." The woman looked up at me. "Hello Mr. Minetti. I'm Nurse Charlotte. I was expecting you," she told me formally. My patience was flowing thin.

"Where is my wife?" I asked her. She typed on the keyboard. "She is still in surgery," she told me. "For how long?" I asked her. "For a good hour," she told me. {How much more do they need to operate on her?} I run a hand through my hair.

"I will need you to fill out her paperwork for me please," she said and gave me the clipboard. I took the clipboard and walked into the waiting room. I took a seat closest to the operating room. Lorenzo sat besides me.

As I looked at the questions, I realized that I couldn't really fill out much of her information. What is her blood type? How the hell am I suppose to know?! The questions made me realize how little I knew about my wife.

I filled out much of the information as I could.

"Are you Adrian Minetti?"

I looked up from the clipboard to see a doctor in his scrubs. Some blood was on him. Is that Valeria's blood? "Yes. I'm Adrian Minetti," I told him and stood up from my seat. The doctor gave me a nod. "I'm Dr. Seeley. I am one of the few doctors who is operating on your wife," he told me.