Chapter one: waking up

Before we get started i ask you to please read the first book, "summer lovin" before this. This is the sequel and the whole book will make much more sense if you read the first one, thanks ❤

Barry's POV

The doctor called time of death and I felt my legs become weak. I fell to the floor and began sobbing. When all the nurses and doctors left the room I went in to see her and say goodbye.

I walked in and saw her. She was very pale and her lips were a mix between blue and purple. I stood next to her and grabbed her cold, lifeless hand. "Caitlin, please wake up. Your mother needs you, I need you." I said crying. "Please, I love you so much. Just wake up."

I laid my head on her chest and continued to cry. I felt a light hand on my shoulder. I slowly turned and saw Joe and Cisco.
I said nothing and put my head back down on her and held her hand.

I squeezed her hand and for a moment I thought I felt her weakly squeeze back, "Caitlin?" I asked. But nothing happened.

"Barry, I'm so sorry." Joe said.

"No, she's not dead. She's not."

"Barry, please," Cisco said "just say goodbye. It will make it easier for all of us."

"I'm not saying goodbye because she's not dead!" I yelled.

Joe and Cisco shook their heads and walked out of the room. I laid my head back on her chest. I was crying then I heard a thump. At first I thought it was joe or Cisco so I simply said," leave me alone."

Then I head it again, thump. Slowly it started to speed up. Thump, thump, thump.

Then I heard the machine behind me beep. I turned around and realize that her heart was beating. I ran into the hall and started yelling, "Doctor, I need a doctor in here, now! She is alive!"

A few doctors and nurses ran into the room. "How is this possible?" One of the nurses asked.

"It's not." The doctor replied.

"Her heart rate is normal, as is her breathing." On of the nurses said."we can let the family in."

One of the nurses came out into the hall to speak with Cisco,Joe, and I explaining, "I'm not quite sure how this is possible but she is ok. We will keep her here for sometime just to be sure everything stays ok. You can go in and see her if you would like."

We walked into her room and I sat down next to her bed waiting for her to wake up. I held her hands in mine. Cisco sat next to me and Joe called Iris to explain what happened.

It was a few hours later and Cisco, Joe, and Iris left. I stayed next to her. I refused to leave. Because I was here alone the hospital allowed me to stay after visiting hours.

I felt her hand move slightly in mine and I stood up. She began moving a little more before she slowly opened her eyes. "Where am I?" She asked groggily.

"Hi, you at the hospital." I said calmly.

"Wh-what happened?" She asked looking around.

"Zoom threw you car into the river. You almost died" I told her.

"The last thing I remember was talking to you." She said confused.

"I know. The doctor said that you probably won't remember what happened right before the accident." I told her "I'm so happy you are ok. You had me so scared, they called your time of death, they let me come in here to say good bye then you started breathing again. They don't know how it happened, but it did and that's all that matters."

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I gave her a quick kiss on her forehead and she fell back asleep. And I feel asleep next to her.