chapter 7: Nearly caught

caitlin's POV

I woke up and saw Barry was still sound asleep. I was still tiered and it's a weekend so I decided to just go back to sleep. I snuggled up closer to Barry and laid my head on his chest. Just as I was beginning to fall back asleep I felt a deep cold take over my body. It was more then just the usual chill. this was the kind of cold that could kill. the strangest part was that it felt like it was coming from the inside of my body. I went to pull the blankets up higher when I saw that my hands had a cold, white mist radiating off of them. I stood up quickly but carful to not wake Barry, who was asleep next to me.

Not knowing what to do I ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I leaned over the sink thinking about what I could do. I heard Barry call my name from what sounded like the living room. I didn't know what to say so panicking I yelled,"I'm in the bathroom. I'm taking a shower." I tried to keep my voice steady the best I could but I didn't do a very good job.

I could tell he knows something was up. " I don't hear the water running," he said knocking on the door.

"well, I'm about to get in" I could tell my voice was shaking.

"Caitlin, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I knew I wasn't fine. I looked in the mirror and saw my lips where turning blue again. this made me mad, and the anger took over.

my eyes turned a frosty blue, I looked down at my hands they had more white mist coming off of them. this mad me angry. why is this happening to me , I thought, why me? I didn't know what to do, all I knew is I wanted it gone. I threw my hands up in anger and froze the mirror. then almost instantly after being frozen it shattered. pieces of glass and ice were sent in all directions. in fear I jumped backwards. Barry ran in when he heard the glass shatter.

"what happened?" he asked pointing to the glass scattered around the floor.

"I-I don't know." I answered. I honestly didn't. I know that I did it but I didn't know why.

"oh my god." he said looking at my face. at first I thought that my eyes were sill blue or my hair was turning white again, but then he looked around the room. after scanning the room for a few seconds he pulled his shirt off. 

"Oh I see." I said with a mischievous smile.

He tilted his head to the side and said, "Your head is bleeding."

"oh, but I like the view." I teased.

"there were no  towels in arms reach." he smiled. lightly he dabbed the shirt on the cut on my forehead. "Caitlin, this cut pretty deep. What happened?"

I looked down, not wanting to face him when I needed to lie. I didn't know what to say but I needed to come up with something quickly, but logical. I thought for a second then looked back at him. "I slipped and fell into it."

"How did that happen?" He asked with growing suspicion.

"I was leaning over the sink looking into the mirror. I thought I saw something on my face. Then I lost balance and fell forward." I shrugged. "That's probably how I cut my head."

"Alright, well I'm glad you're ok." He said taking the bloody shirt away from my face. He kissed me lightly for a moment then said "you're lucky. You could have gotten hurt."

I put my hand on his cheek and said, "Barry, I'm fine." And kissed him again.