Chapter 6: movie night

Barry's POV

Lately I noticed how stressed out Caitlin has been so I decided to put together a movie night. I decided to get a bunch of movies and let her choose. I picked out a bunch of different genres. I have pitch perfect, the breakfast club which is one of her favorites  and finally, the outsiders. I have a feeling she will choose the last one. It is her favorite movie and her favorite book and she is always in the mood to watch it.

I put together a popcorn bar. The popcorn bar is a bunch of different popcorn seasonings,flavors, and salts all lined up.

I thought it would be fun if I moved the couch and coffee table back and laid a blanket down in the center of the living room in front of the TV. On the blanket I have some pillows down and bottles of soda and water. I also got multiple different flavors of chips and a large pizza.

I looked at the time and it was only 6:30. She should be leaving soon, hopefully. I decided to run to the lab and pick her up.

I ran into the cortex and she was sitting there on the computer. "Hey." I said cheerfully.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" She asked happy to see me.

I walked over and gave her a quick kiss. "I came to pick you up." I said with a grin on my face.

"Alright, I'm just finishing up." She said. "And done." She leaned over and turned off the computer.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"You bet."

I swooped her up into my arms holding her bridal style. I heard a small laugh escape from her and I smiled.

We got back to the apartment and I opened the door. We walked in and I turned on the lights.

"What's all this?" She asked looking around with a big smile on her face.

"We haven't watched a movie in awhile." I grinned holding up the three movies.

"Oh, and I get to choose." She said excitedly "humm, let's see. Lets watch... The outsiders."

"I knew it!" I said excited that I was right.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it I'm real predictable." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Only like, all the time." I teased.

"Shut up!" She said playfully punching my arm.

We sat on the floor on the blanket and pillows. Caitlin's head was in my lap and I was playing with her hair as we watched. We had an empty box of pizza next to us and a bowl of popcorn in front of us, which is now about half gone.

It was quiet except for the movie and the crunching of the popcorn then Caitlin said, "I love his Mickey Mouse shirt, I want it."

I couldn't help but laugh at her.

She turned around to face me. "What,It's cute!" She asked defensively

"Nothing, your cute, that's all" I  smiled.

She smiled back and I leaned over to kiss her. I was short but passionate.

"I love you, Barry Allen." She grinned.

"I love you, Caitlin snow." I said leaning in and kissing her again.

Saying her name made me think, Caitlin snow-Allen has a nice ring to it. I shook my head of these thoughts. I love her and she means the world to me but it's only going to be a year in about a month. Was a year enough? If it was up to me I would have married her the second I met her. Would she even want to marry after what happened with Ronnie? 

"Is something wrong?" She asked pulling away from the kiss.

"Not when you're in my arms."

She smiled and kissed me again. This time it was long and passionate. I pulled away slowly and kissed the tip of her nose and we went back to watching the movie before falling asleep in each other's arms.