Chapter 21: "your song"

Caitlin's POV

I woke up and turned to face Barry who is also beginning to wake up. "Hey" he said groggily.
"Hey." I smiled. He pushed a piece of hair out of my face behind my ear. He put his hand on my cheek and kissed me. When we pulled away I laid my head on his arm and ran my fingers across his bare chest.
"What time do you want to get up?" I asked him.

"Honestly, I don't. I could stay in bed with you all day." He said smiling

"You sure are cute Mr. Allen." I smiled.

"Not at cute at you Dr. Snow." He said.

I put my head back onto his chest. "I don't want to get up either, but if I remember correctly last night you said that 'yesterday was our only day we were staying in the condo all day'." I said trying my best to mock his voice but failed miserably.

"One, I don't talk like that. Two, I also wasn't expecting last night to go the way it did." He said smiling.

I looked at him and decided to tease him. "So what, you didn't like the direction it took last night?" I said trying my best not to smile. "Because if you didn't like it then-"
"Caitlin, trust me. I liked it. I loved last night. It couldn't have gone any better." He said quickly.
" I know. I'm just teasing you."I smiled.

"You seem pretty confident in that response." He smiled.

"Is there a reason I shouldn't be?" I asked as I began kissing him.

"Definitely not." He said pulling away slightly then kissing me again.

I pulled away and at up before we got distracted and missed the entire day. I got up and put on one of Barry's t-shirts.
"Come back to bed." He groaned.

"It's almost eleven. It's time to get out of bed." I said as I put my hair up in a messy bun. He groaned and got up.
He walked over to me and put his arms around my waist. "You look beautiful."

"Barry, I'm in your t-shirt, a messy bun, no makeup, and I have morning breath, how could I possibly look beautiful?" I asked him rolling my eyes slightly.

"You'll always look beautiful in my eyes." He smiled and kissed me again.

He pulled away and we both got ready for the day.

We decided to go to the beach so we packed some sandwiches for lunch. We took a bag full of some towels, a large blanket, sunscreen, and an umbrella. And Barry brought a cooler full of drinks.

We got back to the condo around three so we both had time to get showers and get ready for dinner. We made reservations for a new restaurant a few blocks down the street. I was in the bathroom curling my hair as Barry was picking out an outfit. I wore a black and white dress with black heals And Barry wore a black button down tan pants and his black high top converse.

We walked to the restaurant and when we got there a sign outside said that it was karaoke night and Barry looked at me. "Oh no, if you think I'm singing 'summer nights' again you are so wrong."

He didn't say anything he just laughed as we sat down. After we ate the restaurant had an outdoor bar right on the beach so we sat down. "I'll be right back"Barry said as he got up and walked away.

A few minutes past and he still wasn't back so I began getting worried. I started looking around to see if I could spot him anywhere. When I couldn't see him I stood up. I was about to go looking for him when I heard someone on the stage. I turned around and Barry was on stage. Instantly I felt relived and sat down.

"This song goes out to my beautiful girlfriend, Caitlin." He said up on the stage. I smiled and felt my cheeks turn red. "Actually, Caitlin, could you come up here." I looked at him and started shaking my head no. He gestured for me to come up and I raised my eyebrows at him and shook my head again. He walked off stage and grabbed my hand and pulled me up on stage. The crowd cheered and I smiled but whispered in his ear, "what the hell are you doing?" He smiled and whispered back "just trust me." As he said this "your song" by Elton John started playing and Barry began singing. "It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside, I'm not one of those who can easily hide." He sang looking at me. He sang beautifully not missing one note "don't have much money, but boy if I did I would buy a big house where we both could live." I couldn't help but smile. He continued to sing the whole song until he got to the last verse "I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind, that I put Into words how beautiful life is when you're in the world." As he sang this last verse he got down onto one knee and said, "Doctor Caitlin snow, would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me." I covered my mouth and began crying. I nodded my head "yes, yes!" I said happily. He stood up, put the ring on my finger and kissed me. The crowd began cheering and Barry yelled happily into the microphone "she said yes!"