Chapter 5: seaking help

Caitlin's POV

I ran into the lab quickly. Luckily I saw exactly who I needed: Cisco.

I ran up to him and pulled his arm so he was closer to me, "I need to show you something." I said panicking.

"Whoa, slow down. What's wrong?"

"Come with me." I said pulling him out of the cortex.

I pulled him into one of the labs that was damaged in the particle accelerator explosion.  It's was dark and has a strong smell of must. After the explosion S.T.A.R labs didn't have enough money to repair it.

"Why are we here?" Cisco asked looking around.

"Just come on."

Finally we reached a large rusty sink. I grabbed a clear plastic cup and filled it with the water. The water smelled like mold and rust and it was a deep brown color.

"You brought me down here so you can get a drink of this nasty water? Which I wouldn't recommend, by the way."

"I'm not going to drink it, Cisco."

I grabbed the cup and closed my eyes, gripping the cup tightly. Almost instantly I felt the cup become significantly colder.

"Whoa,"He yelled barley able to contain his excitement. "That is awesome!"

"'Awesome' is certainly not the word I would use to be this." I frowned.

"Caitlin, this is amazing! How- when did this happen?"  He asked excitedly.

"This is not amazing!" I scolded "I don't know how or why it happened, but it did, and we need to get rid of it."

"Why? Why,don't you help Barry fight crime?" He asked a bit confused.

"Because Cisco, it's changing me! In every way possible!" I snapped
"What do you mean?" He asked worried.

"I mean, my hair is turning white, and my lips are almost blue!" I said taking my hair out of its ponytail. As my hair fell past my shoulders I could see Cisco's expression change in just the slightest. My hair was still mostly brown, but now it is much lighter and it has streaks of blonde and silver.

"Apparently you have a short temper too." He mumbled under his breath.

"You're right, I do. I don't know why but ever since the accident I keep getting more and more short tempered with you guys. I don't know why, and I don't even realize I'm doing it half the time. And I have this burning urge to pick arguments, and I can't control it." I explain almost breaking down. I put my hand across my forehead trying to calm myself down.

"Does Barry know what's going on?" He asked softly.

"No, you're the first person I talked to about this." I said calmly.

"You know you're going to need to tell him, right?" He said placing his hand on my arm.
"No! I can't tell Barry ." I said, suddenly lifting my head up to look at him.

"Caitl-" he began. I Shook my shoulder and pushed his hand off of it.

"No,no, we will find a cure to get rid of these powers before he needs to know!" I told him. "Please, I really need your help." I begged.

"Alright, but if we can't-"

"We can."