Chapter 10: killer frost

Barry's POV

I ran to the lab as fast as I could, but no one was there. Damn, I forgot. It's Saturday.
I called everyone into the lab so I could tell them what happened.

Everyone except Cisco was here by now and we where beginning to get worried.
We were about to call him again when he walked into the cortex.

"Where were you? We called you over a hour ago." Iris asked him.

"Sorry, I didn't hear my phone ring, I slept in. After I listened to your message I got over here as fast as I could." He said. "What's this about anyway?"

"Wait, where Caitlin?" Joe asked me.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you guys. Today I found out that she has powers. Me and her got into a fight, I left for a few hours just to try and figure everything out. When I came back the apartment was frozen over and Caitlin was nowhere to be found." I explained.

"Well, you don't think she's gone killer frost do you?" Iris asked.

"I don't know. I hope not, but by the looks of it, I think she did." I told them.

Everyone began to get worried.

"If you want I could track her phone and if she is in any kind of warehouse I could hack into the security cameras." Cisco suggested.

"Good idea" I told him.

He began typing and before long he said "oh no. This isn't good."

"What? Did you find her?" I asked walking over to the computer."

"Yeah, but look." He said pointing to her.

Her hair was almost completely white and her eyes where icy blue and she is pacing back and forth.

"I need to go talk to her. Where is she"

"At an abandoned factory on the other side of the city. It's address is... 380 franklin street." Cisco told me and I ran out of the cortex.

I arrived and she was still pacing back and forth nervously. "Caitlin! Caitlin, it's me!" I said excitedly when I saw her.

She looked up at me and backed away "don't come any closer!" Her voice was cold and demanding.

I took short, small steps to ease myself closer to her. "Caitlin, I'm so sorry-"

She backed up further "you left me!"

"I know. I should have never stormed out like that. I'm sorry."

I saw I was beginning to get through to her. Her eyes were beginning to run dark again.

"Cait, come home" I went to hug her when her eyes froze again

"Don't touch me! I don't need you! I don't want you here!"

"Caitlin, please, we will help you." I inched closer to her

"What? Like you helped your mother?" When she said this I stopped in my tracks

How could she say such a thing? "Caitlin, this isn't you."

"It is now. Now leave." She pointed to the exit. I tried to walked closer to her. "I said go!" This time she used her powers to make an icicle and she used it to stab me in the leg. "Go!"

I ran out of the warehouse the best I could with the injured leg. I was able to make it back to S.T.A.R Labs right before I collapsed to the ground.

"Barry!" Iris yelled.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." I said rolling over onto my back. "Did you see what happened?"

"Yeah." Joe said sadly.

"We saw and heard all of it." Cisco said sadly. "Sorry man."

"No. We will get her back. I know we will" I told them all slightly angered. "We have to"