Chapter 9: The truth

Caitlin's POV

"Barry, I'm so, so sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

He couldn't even look at me as he asked me, "what kind of powers?"

"The cold kind." I said and I held my hands up as a white mist began radiating off of them.

"How long have you known about these?" He asked with hurt in his voice.

"Almost a month." I said ashamed.

"A month? A month you have known about these powers and not a single word about them?!"

"I'm so sorry," I began to cry. "Barry."

"Does anyone else know?"

"Cisco." I told him. "But Barry, I thought he could help."

"No Caitlin! We could've figured this out together!"

"I know! And I'm sorry!" I was yelling without even realizing I was doing so.

"Sorry? What are you sorry about? The fact that you didn't tell me, or the fact that I found out?!"

This made me think. What was I truly sorry about. I wanted to tell him, but at the same time I didn't. I hoped Cisco and I could figure out how to get rid of them before I needed to tell him.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I closed my mouth and opened it again. This time what came out was the faintest whisper, " I'm sorry." I didn't need to say anything else, he knew what I meant.

"That's what I thought." He was no longer yelling but heartbroken. He grabbed his jacket off the back of the couch and started for the door.

I ran and grabbed his arm, "where are you going?"

"I don't know."

"When will you be back." I began to cry

"I don't know." He pulled his arm out of my hand and walked out the door.

I started crying harder then I have ever cried before. I fell to the ground and sat against the wall with my face in my hands and my knees to my chest. I cried until I had no tears that could escaped from my eyes.

As a sat and cried I felt the anger begin to build up inside. I pulled my face from my hands and when my vision cleared of the tears I saw that the floor and wall I was sitting on was frozen over.

I wiped my eyes and made a decision: I'm not going to feel this pain ever again.

Barry's POV

I needed to clear my head and the best way I know how to do that is to run. I ran and ran until my legs could no longer carry me. When I run it's one of the best feelings in the world, but not today. Today the running was the opposite. I felt heavy and slow. It's was as though I was being dragged down by the heaviness of my heart. My vision was cloudy with the tears that I was trying my hardest to suppress.

I spent what felt like hours running. Running and thinking. After about four hours I realized that I understand why she didn't tell me. She was scared. She still is.

Then I realized that I left her alone and that is the last thing I want for her; Especially now.

I ran back to her as fast as I could. I ran faster than I ever have before.

I ran into the apartment and opened the door. I threw my jacket down as I yelled out for her. "Caitlin, I'm home. I'm so, so sorry I left like that. I just need to clear me head." But there was no answer.

Then, I looked around and saw that the half of the apartment has been frozen over. "Oh no." I ran throughout the entire apartment but she was nowhere to be found. "What have I done?"