Chapter 16: your name is caitlin

Barry's POV

Emily and I walked into the cortex and saw Cisco. "What happened to Caitlin?" I asked him.
When he turned around he had a large cut on his forehead "what happened?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry." He said, ashamed.

"Of what? What did you do?" I asked, staying as calm as I could but I began to get worried.

"She just seemed so much like her." Cisco said sadly.

"Cisco, please don't tell me you let her out." I said, beginning to get angry.

"I'm sorry. I went down there and it was like I was just talking to our Caitlin. We were talking about everything we have been through. Then she asked me to let her out. I knew I shouldn't, but Barry if you could see her. She looked like she was in so much pain. So I opened her cell, but as soon as I did I got blasted in the face and before I could do anything she was gone." He said heartbroken that his best friend could do such a thing.

"It's ok. We will get her back." I told him.

I looked over at Emily who I could tell was getting more upset by the minute. "Don't worry. We'll get her back."

"Thank you." She said as a tear fell down her pale cheek.

"Is the tracker that you put on her still intact?" Cisco asked from the computers.

"I'm not sure." I told him.

He tuned to the computer and began typing. Before long he turned to us and said, "her tracker is off, but I think I know how to find her."

"How" Emily and I said in unison.

"The same way we found cold, we use the satellite to scan for any ultraviolet cold signatures."

He started typing quickly and after a minute or two he shouted happily, "I got it! I found her!"

"Great, where is she?" Emily asked.

"A frozen food warehouse not far from here."

"Ok, I'm going." I said.

"Not without me you're not." Emily insisted.

"No offense, Dr. Snow, but you're not exactly in the right condition to be going up against a meta human." Cisco said, and I shot him a disapproving look.

"Good thing I'm not going up against a meta human, I'm going to see my girl." She corrected. "Now, flash, if you're not going to take me then I guess I'm just going to drive myself."

"Now I see where Caitlin gets her stubbornness." I mumbled just loud enough for both of them to hear. "Fine. I'll take you. But let me talk to her first, once she is herself again than you can come and see her. But until then stay hidden, we don't want her doing anything she might regret," I told her "deal?"

"Deal." She said,and I scooped her up and ran to the warehouse Caitlin is at.

We arrived and Caitlin was using her powers to throw icicles into a large box. She seemed angry and the more she used her powers the angrier she got. Emily and I were crouched behind a pile of boxes. "Stay here." I told her as I stood up.

"Caitlin!" I yelled after walking a few feet away from Emily.

"What, did you come here to put me back into that damn cell?" She asked, stoping throwing the icicles.

"No, I came here to bring you home." I stepped a few steps closer to her.

"Why? You didn't want me there earlier." She said coldly.

"Caitlin, you know that's not true." I stepped closer.

She used her powers to throw me across the room. I hit a concrete pillar and fell to the ground on my side. "My name is killer frost!" She came closer. "And it's time you learn what that really means." She lifted her arm and was about to freeze me.

"Caitlin!" Her mother called out

"Mom?" She asked turning around.

"Caitlin, stop this." She said sadly.

"Mom, you need to go. I don't want to hurt you." She said turning back to me.
She lifted her hand and right before she struck her mother called out again.
"You don't want to hurt him either. You don't want to hurt anyone."

"You don't know what I want. You never have."

"Look at him! Caitlin, look. That man loves you." Her mother told her.

Caitlin looked down at me. I could tell that she was changing, but still not enough.

"If he loved me he wouldn't have walked out on me when I needed him!" She yelled, she was angry and hurt at the same time.

"Cait, it was a mistake. I know that he regrets what he did, and I know, deep down you know how much he cares for you. How much both of us love you." Her mother said.

"You love Caitlin. I'm killer frost." She said.

"No, you're my little girl." Her mother said putting her hand out for Caitlin to take.

"Why? Why are you two even here? After everything I did you two should hate me." She said sadly.

"No, baby we could never hate you. We love you." Her mother told her. "I know I haven't been there your whole life, but I'm here now." She went quiet for a moment. "I know how much you love Barry. Don't let this anger make you see any different. You are stronger than that."

Caitlin looked back at me and I could see her Icy blue eyes change back to deep brown. She looked at her mother and hesitated for a moment. Slowly She took her hand as her mother pulled her into a hug.

I got up slowly, wincing at the pain in my back. Caitlin turned to me and approached slowly. "I'm so sorry." She said.

I didn't say anything I just pulled her into a hug. After a few moments I pulled her out of my arms and said, "it's good to have you back." And kissed her lightly.

"I'm so happy you don't hate me."

"I could never" I smiled.