S2 • Love is weakness • #2.0

Yandel Pov: | One week until class |

"Y'all boys up for another adventure?" Mike said as Le'roy dabbed him up. "Y'all have fun, I'm sitting this one out" I mumbled flopping down on the couch in my pj's. Mike looked me up and down smacking his lips. "Bro, what you doing. I thought we were all going as a group?" He groaned out as the rest of the guys stood by the door ready to go.

"Just not in the mood" I dryly said turning the tv on as he grabbed his jacket walking out the door with the rest. My wife and kids was on as I sat back watching a few episodes as I made popcorn. At times I wished things were getting better between me and josh but they weren't. I've completed lost all trust in him, I'll admit he's been trying to regroup and fix his mistakes.

There was a knock on the door breaking my thought as i slowly leaned up from the couch. "Who is it?" I screamed out looking through the peephole as Jeremiah stood there. "Wassup?" I asked opening the door to him standing with chips and dip in his hand. "Heard you were staying in so I stopped by, got chips and dip" he chuckled walking pass me heading towards the living room.

"Cool, just watching my wife and kids. Why didn't you go to the party? It's the last one before the semester start". I asked as he opened the bag of chips sitting beside me. "Not my type of scene" he mumbled dipping his chip looking at tv. "Oh yeah I forgot you're Mr.classy, suit and tie parties only" I chuckled shaking my head as he turned towards me. "Your point?" He asked raising his eyebrow at me.

"I'm just saying Jeremiah, you kinda walk around here like you're better than everybody" I boldly said as he laughed. "Boys go home for a month and come back with balls. Wired how that works" he shook his head. "I've always had balls, never been the one afraid to speak. So pass me with that" I said leaning back as he did the same.

"It's good to know I can still get to you" he smiled grabbed more chips. "Just because you act stubborn doesn't mean you're getting to me. Do better" I said throwing a handful of pop corn at him. "You really wanna start that war?" He asked as I was joked out. "Naw" I said picking up the pop corn. "Come here" I mumbled getting some out his hair.

He got up dusting himself off as i put the bowl on the table. "What made you want to come to Morehouse?" He asked sitting back down. "Just felt right, I visited a while back and I kinda knew than. This would be home" I said as he leaned his head back starring at me. "What about you?" I asked. "Great grandfather, grandfather and my dad and four uncles all attended. Like you said, Morehouse is home for a lot of us" he said smiling at me.

"It's damn near in your blood" I joked as he laughed. "Something like that, you have somebody back at home?" He asked. "As in a relationship?" I asked. "Yeah?" He replied stretching his hands out across the back of the couch. "Naw, nobody back at home" I said as he nodded his head. "You?" I asked as he chuckled. "A few" he winked as we both laughed.

"So you macking? I see you pimp" I joked as I got up from the couch walking towards the kitchen. "Water?" I asked. "Yeah, and naw no pimp here just a few friends. Nothing special. Haven't found anyone worth my time. Need a shawty with goals, you know something going for them besides wanting to do hair and work a retail job all their life" he laughed as I walked back over sitting his drink down.

"If that's what they want to do a real man will support them, and it's nothing wrong working retail. Some people actually enjoy what they do. Don't be so closed minded, everybody can't be great like you Mr.High class" I sarcastically said.