• S3 | Nightmare | #1.0 •

Yandel Pov : April 10

| Three Months Later |

{ He yawned in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me. "You made it through your first semester of college, I mean you had some challenges, but now you're home with your family" he mumbled before kissing my neck.

"Yeah, congrats to me" I dryly said unzipping my bag. "You've been acting strange the whole way here, you okay?" He asked pulling my chin towards him. "I'm fine" I lied smiling at him as I heard a tap on my door. I didn't say anything as josh just looked at me. Shrugging as I took my clothes out my bag. "Ummm the door" he said walking over unlocking it.

"Thought i had to kick it down for a minute" it was my 'dad'. "Your grandmother told me you made it back, you didn't want to stay at the house, your mom decorated it" I interrupted him. "I'm fine here" I said throwing the empty bag on the floor. "Ay, I'm going to head out, visit a few people" josh said walking out the door as my 'dad' was closing it.

"Is he the reason you're upset? Because you know I'll handle that" he said as I had my back to him. Rolling my eyes taking a deep breath as I turned around walking towards the dresser. "I'm fine" I dryly spoke as he just stood there. "Yandel!" He called out as his voice deepened. "I'm fine, it's been a long semester that's all. I do have the right to be fine don't I?" I groaned walking pass him as my 'mom' was walking up the stairs.

I didn't even bother to speak as I walked into the restroom closing the door. Leaning over the sink thinking about my life. How am I suppose to be here two months pretending like I don't know what's going on. "Hey baby" my 'mom' wrapped her arms around me as I was walking out the restroom. "Your dad said you were staying here for the summer, why not home?" She asked.

"Does it really matter where I stay I'm here" I spat realizing I had to get myself together. "Sorry, just under a lot of stress, it's not a big idea. I'm just use to coming here that's all" I apologized as she rubbed my back.

"It's fine. If being here makes you happy baby than so be it. I love you" he said hugging me. "Finish settling in, your grandmother is almost done with dinner" she added on as I walked into the guest room.

There had to be an explanation, I'm sure I wasn't adopted, nor kid napped as a child. Why would this man give me his name if I really wasn't his child. What if they didn't know I wasn't there real child. "Yandel..." my name was being screamed out as I snapped out of my thought. Walking to the door.

"You joining us or nah?" It was my cousin as I just looked at her in disgust. Walking down the stairway as my mom set the table. I watched as they all laughed and talked like one big family, I felt so out of place being here now. Nothing seemed real.

Everybody surrounded the table as the 6 chairs filled up. "Yandel would you like to bless the meal?" My grandfather asked. "No thank you" I mumbled picking through my food as the sound around me muted. Why am I sitting here. I questioned myself as my head titled up looking around the room as all eyes were on me.

"What?!" I groaned out as the table got quite. They all looked shocked at my remark as my grandfather gave me a look I've never seen before. "I'm not sure how you're living out there at that school, but when you're under my roof! You treat your family with respect" he semi-yelled as my grandmother rubbed his arm. "It's okay" she mumbled looking at him.

"You've been acting strange since you've gotten back, talk to us" my mom stated as her hand wrapped around my arm. My eyes watched her movement as I pulled away from her slowly. "I can't do this" I softly spoke getting up from the table. "Where do you think you're going?" My dad groaned out as I paused standing there.

"Sit down" my grandfather demanded. "No faith I got this" he mumbled to my grandmother as she looked at me with concerned. "It's clear that you have something on your mind? Would you like to share so we can address the elephant in the room. Whatever it is you're dealing with, we can talk about it as a family. Ever since you've been dating this boy you've been acting weird" he spat at me.

This chuckle came over me as I couldn't stop my self from laughing. Letting out a heavy sigh, as I shook my head looking around the room. "Marian" I said looking at my grandfather as the dinning room got awkwardly silent. I made this face looking around the room with hand suggestions. "Oh so now nobody has anything to say, let's talk about it" I said pulling the chair back sitting down.

"Don't touch me" groaned out as my so call mother rubbed my arm. "You lied to me". I stated looking over to my grandmother as her eyes watered causing mine to do the same. "I've drove myself crazy keeping this in, halfway across the countries pretending my life is perfect when my life has been a lie" I sighed holding back my emotions.

"Why?" I asked looking at my grandparents. " let me guess y'all don't have clearance to speak on the subject too?" I asked as my grandfather got up from his chair. "The act is over" he said looking at my grandmother as she dried her face. "Mathew and Andrea leave the room please" he said as they both got up walking out as if they were under command.

He nodded at my cousin as she got up walking around me. "Please know I'm sorry" she mumbled before I felt a wire wrapping around my neck choking me }