Chapter 2

Star's point of view

Best Day Ever!!
We washed the dogs and I passed my reading quiz! I slowly drifted off into deep sleep. I woke up at 9am the latest I've ever sleep in. I got up and got dressed soon Marco was knocking on my door."Get up Star."He shouts. "I'm up." I answer walking out the door." Let's go to the park today. We can have a picnic."Marco says." Okay that sounds fun." I say smiling at Marco. "I already got everything together." He says smiling back at me. "Ok let's go." I say laughing. We walked down the stairs and out the door. I grabbed Marco's hand and looked into his brown eyes. Could I love him more than I do right now. Of course I love him more everyday. Suddenly Jackie shows up."Hey Marco,What you doing?" She ask." Me and Star are having a picnic." He says blushing."Mind if I joining?"She says smiling deviously at me."No not at all." Marco answers blushing madly. I can't take this I need to get out of here. I slowly feel the hearts on my cheeks turn to flames from anger. "I need to go get something." I say with my back turned."Bye guys." I say and run toward home.Maybe Mom will know how to help. I run into my room and close the door."Call Mom." I yell to my mirror phone."Calling Tom." Recites my mirror phone. Well I guess Tom knows about anger more than my mom I shrug." Hi Star." Says Tom smiling." Hi Tom." I say smiling back." I was wondering how do you manage your anger?" I ask waiting for his reaction. He takes off his sunglasses and looks at my cheeks which have flames in the place of my usual hearts." What happened?" He ask confused." I,you know got mad, I felt my cheeks turn to fire I felt like punching someone but I just left." I said sighing." Are you okay?" He ask his eyes starting to turn red and quickly stopping as he takes a deep breath." Did someone hurt you?" He says concerned." No." I said thinking about what happened as my cheek start to turn to tear drops." I can tell your going to cry.What happened?" He says getting angry again but calming down."I don't really want to talk about it." I say relieving everything. I feel tears water in my eyes." I know you're not okay. I'm coming over." He says fuming. He quickly hangs up the phone so I can't object. I splash my face with some cold water and put on a fake smile even though my cheeks still give me away. Toms at my window in minutes. I let him in. He smiled at me I took a deep breath as my cheeks started to change back to hearts and put on a happy face. He had calmed down since I had talked to him on the phone. "What happened?" He said calmly holding back his rage. I stared at him." How do you do that?" I asked." Do what?" he said smiling. "You know hold back on your anger." I say still thinking about it." I don't know I take a deep breath and think of what makes me happy." He answers deep in thought. " So you just take a deep breath and like think of laser puppies or something." I say thinking of the laser puppies and smiling." I guess, yeah." He answers looking at me. This wasn't the usual Tom the Tom I knew was always angry but I guess you can't stay mad forever at one point you have to wake up and see the beauty in life. I think I prefer this Tom if he knows how to control his anger maybe he can help me with mine. I here the door downstairs open. "Marco's probably back." I sigh. Couldn't he see it hurts me when he chooses Jackie over me.Tom takes a deep breath " I should probably go." He says frowning." Call me if you need anything."He says more sadly than angry." I'll call you tomorrow." I say smiling.