Chapter 22

Star's P.O.V.

Why am I crying? Why? I don't cry in front of people! Why am I still crying?!?
I can't control it. The breathless broken sobs keep coming soaking Tom's shirt. My mind starts to get cloudy as I cry, it feels like I can't breath. I pull out of Tom's embrace to get some air in. I close my eyes amd start to slow my breathing. There's snot and mascara running down my face. Embarrassment flushes me as I pull out my wand and magic up a box of tissues. I wipe off the snot and the black mascara tears as best as possible.
"I'm sorry Tom. I'll get you a new shirt."
"Hey Star it's not problem; if you're going to cry I always and forever want it to be on my shirt. Anyways no need to replace it washing machines in hell can get out any stain." He winks and it works; it lightens the mood and I giggle.
I smile at him. "Thank you for everything Tom." I leam in and hug him, his damp shirt presses against me. "You're an amazing support Tom you're always here when my parents and Marco aren't. You're loyal." I say it in ernest. Tom is the one person who's  since I met him always been actively there for me; someone I could come back to, someone who's shaped me. How many times had Marco cancelled on me for Jackie, left me in the dark unsure? More than once but Tom has always been a constant.
I realize I'm still in our embrace, my eyes closed. I take a deep breath out that I realized I'd been holding in. I pull back again.
"Let's get some ice cream and go home. Ice cream can make this day better."
He smiled with all three of his eyes glowing. "Sounds like a perfect plan." He's always so laid out to me, I decide in that instant I have to tell him about Valentine's day.
"Tom," I say my voice slightly uneven,"I need to tell you something because I know communication is necessary in any relationship." I take a breath. "Marco and me kissed, it was on Valentine's day and I feel like you should know that."
He chuckled,"I kind of figured Star, no offense but you tend to be an open book and you talk in your sleep." I face palmed, of course he would listen in.
"Don't listen to me sleep talk again." I molk an angry voice. We both break down in a fit of giggles.
"You're extraordinary Star."
"Thank you Tom; I try." We're giggling again and I feel a lot better. I'm glad I'm laughing and feeling like myself again.
"How about burritos instead of that ice cream?" I ask nonchalantly.
"Can do." He responds smiling, "But first I reccomend getting the mascara off your face unless you like the rock band look." He laughs again.
"Not today, I'm more of a unicorn gal." I magic away the mascara and I look like I did before I talked to Marco.
And off to burritos we go!

A.N. I'm starting to think Tom is the answer.
What do you guys think and want to see, feel free to comment!!