Chapter 5

Marco's point of view

I hear the door open." Star you home?" I shout from my room." Yeah." She shouts back. I get up and run down the stairs. I look at Star her eyes were sparkling and she looked to be deep in thought." Did you have fun?" I ask. She snaps back to life." Yeah it was cool." She answered looking at me ." What wrong?" I say seeing through her." I don't know I'm just thinking." She says smiling at me. "So what did you and Tom do?" I ask kind of jealous even though I knew she would never get back together with him." You know stuff." She says with a far away look in her eye. "Star, I think I should tell you something, I like someone that's not Jackie." I tell her looking for her reaction." Oh." She says slightly bitter." Well I'm going to my room." She says running up the stairs. Once I hear her door shut I run up and sit against the door. I put my ear to the wall and her Star singing. I start to sing with her through the door.I hear her run over and unlock the door." Were you spying on my Marco?" She say's laughing." No." I stutter."Are you sure?" She ask." Maybe." I say turning red." Why?" She ask laughing." Why what?" I ask slightly confused." Were you spying on me?" She ask laughing." I wasn't spying." I say laughing. "Okay whatever you say." She's laughing so hard she's crying. "Star I think I like you as more than a friend." I say suddenly not being able to hold it back. Her expression turns from surprised to happy, as she hugs me. "I like you to." She says nervously. She suddenly steps back and starts to chew her bottom lip. Her eyes look far away and she looks scared." Star are you okay." I ask as she snaps back into focus." Yes." She says through a fake smile.