Chapter 9

Tom's point of view

Maybe I have a chance maybe she'll say yes. I thought this to myself as we crossed over to the underworld. We rode in silence hand in hand to my house. Just be you I told myself as we stopped in front of my home in the underworld. "Every time I come here I'm more amazed." She said in her upbeat tone. "It is beautiful." I say looking at my home." But it will never be as beautiful as you." I say smiling at her in a charming manner. She looks down blushing madly then abruptly looks up at me."Do you love me?" She asked in a dreary voice." I'll love you forever." I say meaning it completely. "Do you promise?" She said holding my gaze." Yes." I say taking in her reaction. She looks slightly undecided for a moment but it clears. She stands on her tiptoes leans in and closes her eyes. I close my eyes and lean in to and kiss her. And all the love I've felt for her before hits me like a flood. She pulls back and looks up at me fear chalked all over her face. Then her expression starts to change to one of joy." I wanted my first kiss to be with someone who actually loves me. Happy Valentines Day." She says joyfully. "Happy Valentines Day." I say back having no clue what Valentines Day is. I take her hand again as we walk to the front steps of my home. I open the door for her and she steps in reluctantly. She twirls around taking in everything with the same look of amazement on her face as the first time she had been here. I close the door behind me and take a deep breath. "Star I am looking for someone to help me rule here before I'm 18. I don't think I can keep manage of this kingdom myself and I was wandering if you could help me?" I said waiting anxiously for her answer." Of course." She said looking thrilled at the idea of helping rule a kingdom her style. I look at the horn hairband on her head and know she'll be the perfect queen of my world one day.