Transfer Students

"Good morning, students."
"Good morning, Professor Kang," you all replied with zero enthusiasm. Your teacher couldn't care less as he stood beside a short, petite girl with a perfectly small face and shoulder-length brown hair.
You had to give it to her, she was really pretty. Taehyung was hardcore checking her out in your peripheral vision.
"This is our new transfer student, Kim Hani. Please welcome her to our class."
Everyone clapped politely, several boys making the their presences known with obnoxious cheers and loud claps.
Hani smiled in a gentle way that made the boys cheer louder. "Hello, I'm Kim Hani! Please take care of me."
Professor Kang calmed everyone and got the boys to quiet down. "Okay, alright. Ms. Kim, please take a seat by Y/N."
You bowed your head a little to let her know where she was supposed to go. As she approached you, you wondered if you could take advantage of this opportunity. She seemed fairly nice; maybe you could be friends with her before she found out that you were a way into the 'Bangtan Boys'.
Taehyung was directing a cute grin in Hani's direction. She blushed and giggled as she sat beside you.
You gave her a smile and tried your best to look friendly.
She ignored you.
You blinked in surprise when she made obvious eye contact with you and blatantly turned away, not acknowledging your presence at all.
You turned back to check if Taehyung had seen. He was watching with one raised eyebrow, disbelief in his eyes. You shook your head at him questioningly and he shrugged in response.
She had looked so nice moments ago...
Uncertain about what to do, you simply let your exterior morph back into the normal blank expression you kept at school. Throughout class, you tired several times to help Hani by directing her to the correct chapter in your textbooks or pointing her to the line of a poem you were reading when she spaced out and lost track of the class's progress. As much as you tried though, she never even glanced in your direction, nor did she thank you.
No friendship to be saved here, you thought to yourself. You gave up trying to befriend her and sat back in your seat.

_____________________

Yoongi and Jungkook greeted you when you entered your math classroom, waving to you. You grinned happily and took your seat beside Yoongi, glancing back to where Jimin was passed out on the desk behind you. His belongings were sprawled on the empty desk beside him.
"He's been sleeping in every class," Jungkook complained. "We're gonna have to teach him everything all over again!"
Yoongi yawned widely. "I don't blame him." With that, he laid his head down his own desk and went to sleep.
You and Jungkook exchanged exasperated glances and laughed in misery.
The teacher called your class to attention, making you turn back to face the front. What you saw made your heart do a swan dive into the bottom of your stomach.
"This is Kim Hani, our new student. Take care of her. Sit in the desk beside Park Jimin."
You've got to be kidding me.
Hani walked past you and ignored your glance. Surprise, surprise.
She slid into the desk beside Jimin, looking closely at him. "Yah. Your backpack's on my desk." She poked Jimin on the arm and he raised his head tiredly.
At first he didn't notice Hani and simply grabbed his backpack with a soft grumble of complaint. Then Hani flipped her hair and turned in her chair to face him, and Jimin was wide awake.
"Kim Hani," she said cooly, giving him an unaffected smile. She thought she looked disinterested, but you could see how she paid more attention to Jimin once she could see his face. Her eyes traced his shape and the lines of his body.
Jimin didn't mind the attention. He raised an eyebrow and returned her smile with a cocky one of his own. His full lips were shiny and attractive under the fluorescent lights and his eyes crinkled up into tiny crescents with his grin.
"Park Jimin," he replied to her.
A hot burst of anger exploded in your chest at the interaction.
You'd have to warn him later that she was no good.
Jungkook gently touched your arm from the other side of Jimin. You faced him.
He was looking at you in concern, his bunny teeth nibbling on his lower lip. His hat was shaking a little, indicating that the rabbit ears underneath were twitching.
"Are you okay?" he whispered to you.
You took a deep breath and tried to release the ugly knot inside you, smiling at sweet Kookie who was sensitive enough to feel it.
"I'm good," you told him, patting his hand.
He nodded and glanced at Hani for a second. "I'm not sure why," he mumbled in confidence to you, "but there's something about her... I'm don't think I like her."
You released a loud snort that made Hani and Jimin stop their flirting and look at the two of you.
"Me neither," you responded, lowering your voice so only Jungkook could hear. "I'll tell you later, but she's a-"
Your words were interrupted by the teacher yelling for silence. You shut up, relieved that Jimin and Hani had also decided to save the conversation for later.
At lunch, and you sat uneasily between Jungkook and the empty chair where Jimin usually sat. He was late; it was very rare for you to get to the lunchroom before him. None of the other boys took any notice of his absence and were laughing and joking around as usual.
You picked woefully at your food, wondering where your best friend was.
Jungkook nudged you. "Okay, what's up?"
You shrugged. "Where's Jimin?"
"Oh, I saw him!" Jin gestured loosely with his chopsticks from across the table. His mouth was fill but he still managed to get the words out. "He was with some girl earlier! That transfer student. Hani, right?"
Taehyung scrunched his face up in distaste, glancing at you. "Oh. Her."
His statement caused Namjoon to frown. "You not like her? Did something happen?"
Taehyung just rolled his eyes.
"Well you better start liking her now, because it looks like she's coming to sit here." Yoongi's bored statement made you all turn your head to watch in surprise as Jimin lead a giggling Hani by the hand.
Toward your table.
All seven of you exchanged confused glances. Jimin never brought girls to the table; he was more of a love 'em and leave 'em type.
Jin rubbed his eyes and looked again. "Surely he's not-"
"Hi guys!" Jimin wave cheerfully at all of you and pulled his guest up to stand beside him. "This is Hani! She's gonna sit with us, okay?" Without waiting for us to answer, Jimin pulled an extra chair up to the table and pushed Hani to sit.
She did.
In between you and Jimin.
Contradicting her dismissive behavior earlier, she gave you a broad, friendly smile.
You raised an eyebrow. You could tell when people were being insincere, and Hani's smile was as fake as they came.
"Hi, Y/N!" she said in a happy chirp.
Jimin grinned. "You already know each other?" You noticed that he didn't care a bit that she had separated the two of you. That ugly feeling was back in your chest.
"Oh, sure." Hani hooked an arm through yours like you were the best of friends. "I sit by her in literature!"
You glanced to the side.
Taehyung and Jungkook looked as if a demon from the underworld had just taken a seat beside you. Disgust was written plain across both of their usually friendly faces. Yoongi, who was asleep all throughout your previous class with Hani, also looked peeved that she was there.
His white ball cap was straining back against his head, making you wonder if his striped ears beneath were laid back.
You blatantly removed yourself from her grasp and emitted a soft 'mhmm' of confirmation. Jimin gave you a look that you hadn't seen before, almost like a warning.
You frowned.
Jimin's actions were confusing all of you. There was an awkward lull in conversation now that an outsider was at the table, as none of the boys were comfortable with expressing themselves when she was present.
Hani and Jimin didn't even seem to notice, too caught up in each other. Jimin was using every ounce of charm in his inventory on the girl beside him. Hani had him exactly where she wanted him, you could see it in her eyes. Dislike tasted bitter on your tongue and you withdrew to Jungkook's side.
"Switch with me," Kookie whispered in your ear. You changed seats with him so you were by Taehyung and he was in between you and Hani.
Hani noticed and tried to give him a pretty grin but Jungkook refused to be affected by her, instead turning to you and Taehyung. 
"We just have to get through it," Taehyung whispered to the two of you. "She'll be gone by tomorrow and everything will be normal again."
But the next day came and Hani was there with Jimin, smiling that fake smile and killing the comfortable atmosphere of your table with her perfect tinkling laugh.
And the next day, and the day after that.
Two weeks straight of her presence and you finally excepted that maybe she wasn't going away.
You also started noticing another boy hanging around. He was tall with pitch black hair and laughing eyes. Sometimes Yoongi and Hoseok would be talking with him after school, and you eventually learned that his name was Sehun.
He had transferred the same day as Hani and shared a few classes with the boys.
What's with all of these transfer students moving in on my boys?
It wasn't that you didn't want them to have more friends; you just were a tiny bit afraid of being replaced. Those boys were your family, your everything. You wanted them happy, healthy, and by your side.
The thought of being abandoned by them was your worst nightmare.
When you looked at Hani, sitting in between you and Jimin and smiling up into your best friend's face, you could see your nightmares coming true.