Twenty One

The four of you sat in a booth at a diner, celebrating the reveal of your baby's gender. You picked up a fry from your plate, eating half of it in one bite. Sam and Dean laughed at a story Gabriel was telling, and you smiled at the three of them. Your family. Sometimes you tried to remember what it was like before them, but you often came up with nothing. They had filled your life with so much joy that you had blocked all the other non-important parts of your life out. They were all you had any more, and you couldn't imagine life without them. 

~Two months later~ 

You waddled down the hall of the bunker, resting a plate of cookies on your huge stomach. Sam and Dean were on a hunt, Gabriel taking care of some Angel stuff. You were alone, for the time being. You suddenly dropped the plate, and it fell to the floor and shattered. Gasping, you grabbed your stomach. It was happening. 

"There could not be a worst time for this!" You exclaimed, grabbing a fistful of your shirt as you leant against the wall and started walking to the garage. You cried out, a contraction hitting you full force. You weren't going to make it to the garage. You stumbled into your room, falling to your knees. Gritting your teeth, you shook as another contraction hit. 

"Cas! Cas, please help!" You prayed frantically, hoping the only person who was available would hear and show up.  You sighed as the pain finally faded away, but you knew they would get worse. You heard the familiar flap of wings and turned to see Cas staring at you curiously. 

"Y/n, what's going on?" Cas asked, and you were about to answer until another wave of pain washed over you causing your mind to go blank. Cas crouched down next to you, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"You're in labour. Let me get Dean." Cas said, and you nodded before clutching the side of the bed and standing up on wobbly legs. When you looked for Cas again, he was gone. Probably off to get Dean. You fell back onto the bed, laying on your back. You rubbed your stomach, a sigh bursting out of you. 

"Come on baby, this is how you treat me after I carried you around for nine months?" You asked breathlessly, but of course, there was no answer. Cas appeared then, Sam and Dean next to him. Dean instantly ran to your side, grabbing your hand. 

"Hey, let's get you to the hospital. Okay?" Dean said, and you shook your head as another contraction hit. They were getting closer together. 

"No, I won't make it. We have to have the baby here." You said once you regained the ability to breathe. Dean sighed. He knew you were right. 

"Cas, can you do anything about the pain?" Dean asked, and you thought you saw Cas nod but you weren't really paying attention to him. Suddenly you felt his hand on your forehead and every last bit of your pain disappeared. 

"That won't stop the actual pains of labour, but it will stop the pain of the contractions." Cas explained, and you nodded gratefully to him. Sam instantly went to work, putting the pillows behind your head so you could sit up and slipping off your shoes. 

"Y/n, we have to take off your pants. Can I do that?" Sam asked you, and you saw Dean send him a warning glance that Sam ignored. You nodded, letting Sam slide your joggers off. 

"I'm not going to take off your underwear, that's not in my description as best friend, but I will get everything ready up to that point." Sam explained, and he took your sweatshirt off so you were in nothing except your panties and a baggy t-shirt. 

"Y/n, baby. I don't know how to deliver a baby but I sure as hell will try-" Cas cut Dean off, and everyone turned to look at him. 

"I do. I once had to deliver a baby and I am skilled in the task. I can do it." Cas said, and you reached up to tie your hair in a messy bun. You could feel the contractions when they came, but you couldn't feel the pain, and you knew you had to push soon. 

"You can do it Cas. I'll let you." You said, and he gave you his signature crooked smile. Dean grabbed your hand, lightly squeezing it. He was trying to be cool, but you could tell how much you being in labour was freaking him out. 

"Alright, I'll go make sure everything is ready in the nursery and then do some random crap until you're done." Sam said, before heading out the door. You reached over your stomach and grabbed your panties, sliding them off. Dean grabbed a sheet, throwing it over you so you wouldn't be exposed until you had to be. You leaned back, letting out a breath you didn't know you were holding. Dean pulled a chair up to the bed so he could sit next to you. 

Cas sat at the end of the bed, peeking under the sheet. "You will have to push soon. Dean, go get some towels." Cas ordered, and Dean instantly went to follow Castiel's orders. You closed your eyes, trying to get your nerves under control. 

"You'll be great parents. Both of you. I can sense your guys' worry. I promise everything will be fine." Castiel told you. You chuckled and nodded. 

"Thanks Cas." You said, and he nodded just as Dean came back in with towels. He set them down next to Cas before returning to his spot next to you.  He instantly grabbed your hand and you shot him a small smile. 

"Okay, y/n." Castiel began, looking under the blaket again. He pulled it off you, throwing it to the floor somewhere, "It's time. Push." And you did, you did for four hours straight. And it was painful. You screamed, cried, and spit out things you didn't mean at both Dean and Cas. But the second you heard the first cry from your baby, you would have done it over again in a heartbeat. Cas had taken off his trench coat and suit coat, his sleeves rolled up. 

He picked up one of the towels, wrapping the baby in it. You collapsed against the pillows, panting, shaky, and sweaty. Dean squeezed your hand. 

"You did it baby. You did it." He told you, and you gave him a tired smile. You watched Cas clean off your baby, your eyes feeling heavy but you kept them open. You wanted to hold your daughter. Finally, he turned back to the both of you. She was all clean now, and Cas had switched out the towel for a blanket. 

"Would you like to hold her?" Cas asked you, and you nodded vigorously. Cas handed you the bundle, and you smiled down at her face. She was so beautiful, and you couldn't wait to see her when she opened her eyes. Dean peeked over at her, and he tried to hide it, but you saw him wipe away a tear. 

"Hi baby. I'm your momma." You whispered, tears causing your vision to blur. You had never thought you would say those words, but here you were.