Twenty Two

You held your baby girl close, Dean next to you and Cas, Sam, and Gabe making a celebratory dinner. You looked at Dean, who was gazing at the baby in your arms. 

"Do you want to hold her?" You asked. His eyes snapped up to your face, eyes glazed over with nervousness. He hesitated, swallowing. 

"Are you sure? She looks pretty comfortable in your arms." He said, letting out a nervous chuckle. You shook your head, handing her to Dean. He held her as if she could break at any second, and you almost laughed. He really was nervous. 

"Dean, you're doing fine. You don't have to be so tense." You told him, leaning back against the pillows. 

"I know it's just- she's so small!" Dean exclaimed, and you nodded in agreement. Truly, you were still exhausted from pushing a human being out of you and you could really use a nap.

"You rest." Dean told you, seeing just how tired you were, "I got her." He looked down at the baby, a smile tugging at his lips. 

"You sure? I mean, we haven't even named her yet." You asked, but your body was sinking down into the pillows, pulling up the blanket. 

"Yeah, sleep. We'll be here when you wake up." Dean promised, pressing a kiss to your forehead. You flashed him a small smile before closing your eyes, sleep already tugging at you. Soon, you were asleep. 

"Y/n, baby wake up. Dinner's ready." You heard Dean's voice as you slowly opened your eyes. He was still holding your daughter, but the rest of the gang was in the room. They all had plates, and Sam was holding an extra one. 

"Mind if we eat in here with you?" He asked, handing you your plate. Your stomach growled loudly, the food smelled amazing. 

"Sure." You replied, beginning to eat. Everyone say down in their own places, eating in silence. Then your baby (I legit need to pick a name my god) started fussing, earning a chuckle from everyone. 

"Here, let me hold her. I can eat in a minute." You said, and Dean reluctantly handed her to you. You set your plate on the nightstand, leaning against the headboard and gently rocking your daughter in your arms. Everyone returned to eating, having hushed conversations with each other. 

"She's really beautiful." Cas commented, his eyes on the baby in your arms. You didn't know how you knew, but you did, Cas wasn't looking at the baby. He was looking at her soul. 

"Thank you." You said quietly, looking down at her just as her little tongue stuck out. Chuckling, you leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead. It caused her to open her eyes for the first time, and your breath caught in your throat. They were so bright. And they were green, just like her dad's. 

"Dean." You exclaimed, looking up to look at your husband, his eyes were filled with worry, "Her eyes. Come look." You said. All three men got up, coming to see what all the fuss was about. They walked over, each freezing when they laid eyes on her face. 

"Oh. Wow." Dean breathed out, and Sam and Gabriel grunted in agreement, not taking their eyes off the baby. You smiled, looking back down at her. She yawned, raising her tiny little fists. Then they laid flat and she fell asleep. 

"Alright, I'm going to lay her down so I can eat." You said, gently laying the blanket down on the bed next to you. Once she was in a good position, you grabbed your plate and continued eating, a little discouraged that it was pretty cold already. 

Dean sat down next to you, finishing off his own food just as you started to eat yours. You scarfed it all down, not wanting to be holding them back from anything because they were waiting for you to be done. 

"We're going to go watch a movie." Sam announced, Gabriel nodding in agreement at the younger Winchester's statement. They both stood up, looking at you as if they needed permission. 

"Alright." You said around a mouth of food, and the two of them walked out of the room. You finished your food, sighing and setting the plate down on the nightstand. 

"I will go clean up." Cas said, walking over and grabbing yours and Dean's plate. "Oh. Thank you." You said, and the Angel simply nodded before walking out of the room. Your baby slept peacefully next to you, and Dean grabbed your hand. 

"Hey, um, we have a problem." Dean said, and your stomach dropped as you turned to look at him. Just when you thought you could have some peace. Dean's smile instantly set you at ease, it wasn't a big problem. "What is it?" You asked. 

"We need to name her." Dean replied, tilting his head to the baby. 

A/n: Sorry it took me forever to update, I've had awful writer's block. Anyways, I honestly have no idea what to name the baby so if you have any suggestions please comment them. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll try to update more frequently. Bye!!